If you are looking for how to Access Facebook Desktop Version on iPhone and iPad, then chances are you’ve noticed that the Facebook feed on your device looks very different compared to the desktop site.
This difference is a result of accessing the site from a mobile device. Facebook is one of the sites that render separate versions for mobile and computer browsers.
Whether you’re using the Facebook mobile app or using a mobile browser to surf the site, there are some features you won’t be able to access.
For example, you might not be able to attach certain files such as PDF, particularly when using a mobile browser.
This article, however, explains how to load and access the desktop version of Facebook on iOS mobile devices.
How to Access Facebook Desktop Version on iPhone and iPad?
There are different ways to do this. But I have found the methods below to be very effective. For Safari instructions, see the steps below.
- Open the Safari browser.
- Navigate to “https://web.facebook.com” without the quotes. Once the page loads, notice that Facebook renders its mobile version.
- Long press the reload button on Safari. Then click the option that says “Request Desktop Site” found on the bottom screen. The reload button is to the right of the address bar.
- Now the Facebook desktop site should be rendered.
However, some complained that Facebook still sends them to its mobile site. The only difference they notice is that the feed and interface become expand.
If you encounter this too, simply re-enter https://web.facebook.com. Then the full site will load.
Use Chrome to Access Facebook Full Site on iPhone or iPad
- Open Chrome browser on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap the three dots found in the top-right screen and select “Request Desktop Site” from the displayed menu.
- Now head over to“https://web.facebook.com” without including the quotes.
- Facebook will now serve up its desktop site.
Accessing the Facebook desktop version on iPhone and iPad could be necessary when you need some features lacking in the mobile site. With the above steps, you should be able to unlock the full site and use the feature and functionality you desire.