Cortana is a digital assistant created by Microsoft for Windows 10, which allows users to control their computer using voice commands. While Cortana can be helpful in some situations, many users find it more annoying than useful and prefer to disable it. If you’re one of those people who would rather not have Cortana on your computer, here’s how to turn it off in Windows 10.
If you’re not a fan of Cortana, the digital assistant that comes with Windows 10, you can disable her easily enough. Here’s how:1. Type Cortana into the search box on your taskbar and select the first result.
2. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the toggle switch under Turn off Cortana. 3. Click the Yes button when prompted by User Account Control. 4. Close the Settings window and enjoy your newfound privacy!
How to Disable Cortana Windows 10 Permanently! | How To Turn Off Cortana Windows 10
How Do I Disable Cortana Windows 10?
As of the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, released in October 2017, there is now a built-in way to disable Cortana. Here’s how:1) Type ‘Cortana’ into the Windows 10 search bar and click on the first result.
This will open up the Cortana settings page. 2) On the left-hand side of the screen, there will be a list of options. Click on ‘Talk to Cortana’.
3) On the right-hand side of the screen, under ‘Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders…’, toggle off the switch next to ‘Hey Cortana’. You may also want to toggle off the switches for ‘Keyboard shortcut’ and ‘Lock Screen’. 4) Once you’ve done that, Cortana will no longer be activated by your voice or keyboard shortcut (if you had it enabled).
However, she will still appear when you type something into the search bar. If you want to get rid of her completely, scroll down on the same page and toggle off ‘Search online and include web results’.That’s all there is too it!
Disabling Cortana is pretty simple and only takes a few steps. Hopefully this guide was helpful and you can now enjoy your Windows 10 experience without Microsoft’s digital assistant always listening in.
How Do I Exit Cortana?
Assuming you would like tips on how to exit Cortana on a Windows 10 device:1. Click in the search box located in the taskbar. This will open Cortana.
2. Type “exit” into the search box. 3. Select Exit Cortana from the list of options which appears.
How Do I Turn Cortana off And on Again?
Assuming you are talking about the digital assistant Cortana in Windows 10, here are the steps to take to turn it off and on again.1. Click in the search box next to the Start button. This will open up Cortana.
2. click the Notebook icon (it looks like a notebook with a pencil). This will open up all of the settings for Cortana. 3. click the Off switch under “Hey Cortana.”
This will turn off all of Cortana’s features, including voice recognition. You can still use her text-based search features though.
How to Turn off Cortana in Windows 11
If you’re not a fan of Microsoft’s Cortana digital assistant, you can turn it off pretty easily. Here’s how:1. Click the Start button and then click the Settings icon.
2. In the settings window that appears, click on the System category.3. In the System settings window, click on the Notifications & actions tab.4. Locate the toggle switch for “Show me tips about Windows” and set it to Off.
This will disable Cortana’s tips and tricks as well as any other notifications she might send your way.5. If you want to go one step further and completely disable Cortana, you can do so by opening the Registry Editor and navigating to the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Search6 .
With Windows Search selected, right-click in the pane on the right and select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value .7 . Name this new value AllowCortana , then double-click it to open its properties window.
8 . Set its value to 0 (zero), then click OK to save your changes and close out of the Registry Editor .9 .
Finally, restart your computer for these changes to take effect and Cortana will be gone for good!
If you’re not a fan of Cortana, the Windows 10 digital assistant, it’s easy to turn her off. Here’s how:1. Type “Cortana” into the search box on the taskbar and click on the Cortana & Search settings result.
2. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the toggle switch under Let Cortana listen for my commands when I press the Windows logo key + C to turn it off. You can also turn off Hey Cortana if you don’t want her listening all the time.3. That’s it!
Now she’ll only pop up when you type something into the search box or ask her a question using your voice.