Adding a new folder in This PC is simple and only takes a few steps. First, open This PC from the Start menu. Next, click on the View tab at the top and select Options.
In the Folder Options window that appears, select the View tab again. Finally, scroll down to the New Folder button and click it. A new folder will appear in This PC that you can rename to whatever you like.
- Open File Explorer and select This PC from the left-hand side panel
- Right-click on This PC and select New > Folder from the drop-down menu
- Enter a name for your new folder and hit Enter to save it
- Your new folder will now appear in File Explorer under This PC
Windows 10 – Create a Folder – How to Make New File Folders on Your Laptop Computer Files & Folders
Why Can’T I Add a Folder to This Pc?
There are a few possible reasons why you may not be able to add a folder to your PC. One reason could be that you do not have permission to modify the directory. To check if this is the case, right-click on the directory in question and select “Properties.”
Under the “Security” tab, check to see if your username is listed under “Group or user names.” If it is, click on your username and ensure that the box next to “Allow” for “Modify” is checked. Another possibility is that the disk drive containing the directory may be full.
To check this, open “My Computer,” right-click on the disk drive in question, and select “Properties.” The pie chart under the General tab will show you how much space is being used on the drive. If neither of these solutions solves your problem, it’s possible that there may be a virus or malware infection on your computer which is preventing you from adding files.
In this case, you should run a virus scan using your preferred antivirus software.
How Do I Create a New Folder?
Assuming you would like to know how to create a new folder on a computer:
1. Open the File Explorer. If you’re using Windows 10, you can do this by clicking the Start button, then typing “File Explorer” into the search bar.
Otherwise, if you’re using Windows 7, click on the Start menu, then choose “Computer.” 2. On the left side of the File Explorer window, there’s a section called “Libraries.” Underneath that, there’s a list of all of your drives (including any external drives).
Find the drive where you want to create the new folder. 3. Right-click on the drive and select “New Folder.” A new folder will appear with a default name like “New Folder.”
You can rename it by right-clicking on it and selecting “Rename,” or by double-clicking on it and typing in a new name.
How Do I Add a Folder to This Pc in Windows 11?
Adding a folder in Windows 11 is simple! Just follow these steps:
1. Right-click on the desktop or any other location where you want to create the new folder.
2. Select “New” from the pop-up menu. 3. Choose “Folder” from the list of options. 4. Enter a name for your new folder and hit Enter.
5. That’s it – your new folder has been created!
How Do I Create a New Folder in Windows 10?
Assuming you would like a step by step guide on how to create a new folder in Windows 10:
1. Right-click on your desktop (or wherever else you want to create the folder).
2. In the drop-down menu, hover over “New.”
3. In the sub-menu that appears, click on “Folder.” This should create a new, blank folder for you to work with. Alternatively, if you’re looking for a keyboard shortcut:
1. Press Ctrl+Shift+N simultaneously on your keyboard. This will also create a new, blank folder for you to work with.
How to Create a New Folder Windows 10
Assuming you want a blog post titled “How to Create a New Folder in Windows 10”:
If you’re like most people, you probably have tons of files and folders on your computer. And if you’re like most people, those files and folders are probably a bit disorganized.
One way to help get your computer organized is to create new folders for different types of files. Here’s how to do it in Windows 10. First, open File Explorer.
You can do this by clicking the folder icon in the taskbar or by pressing the shortcut keys Win+E. Once File Explorer is open, navigate to the location where you want to create the new folder. For example, you might want to create a new folder on your desktop or inside another folder.
To create the new folder, click the New Folder button near the top of File Explorer (it has a picture of a folder with a green plus sign). Or, right-click anywhere in File Explorer and select New > Folder from the context menu that appears. Either way, a new blank folder will appear at your chosen location.
Now all you have to do is give your new folder a name. To do this, simply double-click on the blank space next to New Folder and type in whatever name you want for it then hit Enter/Return key on your keyboard when done.
Adding a new folder in This PC is simple and only takes a few steps. First, open This PC and click on the view option at the top. Then, select the option for show/hide hidden files.
Once you have done this, you will be able to see all of the folders that are currently hidden. Next, right-click on an empty area in This PC and select New > Folder from the menu. A new folder will now be created!
Finally, rename the folder to whatever you would like and then move any desired files into it.