Want to learn how to add friends on Discord? If you would like to have a particular user on your friend list, then you’ll need to first send them a request.
With that, this post provides two ways to send a friend request to someone on Discord either through the mobile or desktop client. Without any further ado, let’s get into the instructions.
How to add friends on Discord:
- Using a computer browser, login to Discord. Or use the discord desktop app.
- In the top left screen, click the Discord icon.
- From the options displayed, click “Friends.” This step will take you to a new screen.
- At the top menu, click “Add Friend.” This action will open up the request page.
- Under Add Friend, paste or type in the userDiscordTag in the field. Discord Tag is the combination of a username, “#” symbol, and the 4 digit number. After entering the Tag, click the “Send Friend Request” button.
- You’ll be notified if the request is sent successfully. And the user will be able to accept your request when they receive it. If you rather get an error message, double-check that the Tag is correct.
The direct approach:
Suppose you are going through the list of users in a discord server and want to add a particular user as a friend, you can send them a friend request directly. To do this, follow the steps below.
- Right-click their profile icon. You can do this either in the message window or from the list.
- From the drop-down menu that appears, click “Profile.”
- Click the “Send Friend Request” button placed to the right of their Avatar.
- Your request will be sent automatically.
Note: you can skip step #2 through #4 by scrolling down to “Add Friend” after you’ve performed above step #1.
How to add someone on Discord through the mobile app:
- From your iPhone, iPad, or Android device, open the Discord mobile app.
- In the top-right screen, tap the three horizontal bars.
- From the menu that unfolds, tap “Friends.”
- Click the “Add Friend” icon in the upper top right screen. The icon is the white figurehead with a “+” sign to its right.
- Under “Send Friend Request,” type or paste the user’sDiscordTag. Remember that a DiscordTag is the (1) the username, (2) # symbol, and (3) a unique four-digit strung together.
- Click the “Send” button to complete the steps. The user will be able to accept your request once they receive it.
That’ show to add friends on Discord. If you found this post helpful, please use one of the social share buttons below to tell friends who might also need this piece. If you have questions or feedback, do not hesitate to drop them in the comments section below.