To keep your Gmail account secure, you might need to periodically change the phone number you put on file, otherwise known as a recovery phone. Whether you recently got a new mobile number, notice a possible compromise, or for any other reasons, changing the phone number you have on record may be necessary.
This step-by-step instruction shows how to add a new phone number to your Google account.
How to change phone number on Gmail:
- Login to your Google account settings’ page from a desktop browser.
- Navigate to the “Personal info” tab.
- Under the “Contact info” section, click “Phone.”
- Select the edit icon at the top right corner. A box should pop up asking you to Update Number.
- Click “Update Number” in the box and follow subsequent instructions.
Replacing your Gmail phone number with a new or up to date mobile number will help you recover access to your account in case you forget your password. It can also safeguard your account from email hackers.
Did you find the post useful? Please let me know your thoughts in comments and share this post with friends on social media.
Related Article: How To Make A Hyperlink In Gmail