Go to Settings > General > AirDrop, then tap Received Off/Contacts Only or Everyone. If you turn on AirDrop, you might be prompted to turn on Bluetooth and Wi-Fi.
- Tap the Settings app on your iPhone’s home screen and then tap “General”
- Scroll down to the bottom of the General settings page and tap “Reset”
- On the Reset page, tap “Reset All Settings”
- This will reset all of your iPhone’s settings, including your name
- When prompted, enter your passcode to continue
- Once your iPhone has been reset, open the Settings app again and tap “General”
- Tap “About” at the top of the General settings page
- Tap where it says “Name” under the heading “AirDrop”
- Enter the new name you want to use for AirDrop and then tap “Done“
How Do I Change My Airdrop Name on My iPhone?
Assuming you would like a step-by-step guide on how to change your AirDrop name on your iPhone:
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Scroll down and tap General.
3. Tap About.
4. Tap the first line, which shows your current device name.
5. Type a new name for your device and tap Done when finished entering the new name.
How Do I Name Myself on Airdrop?
Assuming you would like instructions on how to name yourself when using AirDrop:
1. Open your System Preferences
2. Click on the Sharing icon
3. In the left-hand column, select your device from the list of options
4. In the right-hand column, find the section labeled “Computer Name”
How Do I Change the Name That Shows Up When I Call Someone on My iPhone?
If you want to change the name that displays when you make a call on your iPhone, there are a few different ways to do so. One way is to simply edit your contact information for the person in question. To do this, open the Contacts app and find the entry for the person you want to change.
Tap on their name to edit their information, and then scroll down and tap on “Add Field.” From here, you can add or edit any of the fields for that person’s contact information. If you scroll all the way down, there is an option to “Change Name,” which will allow you to enter a new first name, last name, or nickname for that person.
Another way to change the display name for someone when making a call on your iPhone is by creating a new contact entirely with just their phone number and desired display name. To do this, open the Contacts app and tap on the “+” sign in the top-right corner. Enter just their phone number under “Phone,” and then fill out whatever display name you want next to it under “First Name.”
This will create a new contact with only their phone number and desired display name; whenever you call them from now on using this method, only their selected display name will show up instead of their actual first and last name (or whatever else was previously displayed). Keep in mind that these methods will only change how a particular person’s name appears when calling them from your iPhone; it won’t affect how they appear in other apps or services (such as iMessage or FaceTime).
Why is Airdrop Showing the Wrong Name?
If you’re using an iPhone and AirDrop is showing the wrong name, there are a few things that could be causing the issue. One possibility is that your phone’s Bluetooth settings are incorrect. Another possibility is that you have multiple devices with the same name registered to your iCloud account.
To fix the problem, first, check your Bluetooth settings and make sure they’re correct. If that doesn’t work, try signing out of your iCloud account on all of your devices and then signing back in.
How to Change Your Airdrop Name on Mac
If you’ve ever wondered how to change your Airdrop name on Mac, the process is actually quite simple. Here’s a step-by-step guide:
1. Open System Preferences and click on the “Sharing” icon.
2. In the left column, select the “AirDrop” option.
3. In the right column, under “Allow me to be discovered by,” select either “Contacts Only” or “Everyone.” (The former will only allow people in your Contacts app to see your Airdrop name, while the latter will allow anyone nearby with an AirDrop-compatible device to see it.)
4. If you selected “Contacts Only,” you’ll need to add any desired contacts to your Contacts app before they’ll be able to see your Airdrop name.
To do this, simply open the Contacts app and click on the “+” sign in the upper left corner. Then, enter the contact’s information and click “Done.”
5. That’s it!
Your new Airdrop name should now be visible to anyone who meets the criteria you selected in Step 3 above.
In conclusion, it is very easy to change your name on iPhone for Airdrop. Simply go to the Settings app, tap on your name at the top of the screen, and then enter the new name that you want to use.