1. Open the Settings app on your new iPhone.
2. Tap Cellular > Add Cellular Plan.
3. Use your iPhone camera to scan the QR code that came with your SIM card, or enter the information manually.
4. If prompted, choose to add the plan to your existing cellular account or create a new one.
- On your new iPhone, open the Settings app and tap Bluetooth
- Place your old iPhone next to your new one, making sure that both are turned on and within range of each other
- When your old iPhone appears under Devices in the right sidebar, tap it
- Tap Continue on your old iPhone when prompted, then enter the four-digit code that appears on your new iPhone’s screen
- Tap Pair on both devices when prompted, and wait for them to finish pairing with each other
- Once they’re paired, you should see a confirmation message appear on both screens
No Service iPhone FIX
Why is My New Iphone Not Connecting to Cell Service?
If you’re new iPhone isn’t connecting to cell service, there are a few things you can check. First, make sure that your iPhone is in an area with good cellular coverage. If it’s in an area with weak or no signal, your phone won’t be able to connect to cell service.
Second, make sure that Airplane Mode is turned off on your iPhone. Airplane Mode will disable all wireless radios on your phone, including the cellular radio. Third, if you have an iPhone 6s or later, make sure that LTE is turned on in the Cellular settings menu.
LTE is a high-speed wireless data network that’s available in many areas. If LTE is turned off, your phone will only connect to slower 3G networks. Finally, restarting your iPhone can often fix minor software glitches that may be causing problems with the cellular connection.
If none of these tips fix the problem, contact your carrier for further assistance.
How Do I Get My Service to Work on My New Phone?
If you’re having trouble getting your service to work on your new phone, there are a few things you can try. First, make sure that your SIM card is inserted correctly and that the phone is compatible with your carrier. If you’re still having trouble, contact your carrier for help.
They may be able to troubleshoot the issue or send you a new SIM card.
How Do I Activate My New iPhone 13?
Assuming you have already set up your iPhone 13 with your carrier, there are a few ways to activate the device. One way is to go through the Settings app and select the “Cellular” option. From here, you can select the “Activate My iPhone” option and follow the on-screen instructions.
Another way is to connect your iPhone 13 to a computer with iTunes installed and open iTunes. Once iTunes recognizes your device, it will prompt you to activate it. You can also activate your iPhone 13 by calling your carrier’s customer service number.
How Do I Activate My New iPhone?
Assuming you have an iPhone that is not currently active and you would like to activate it, there are a few things you need in order to do so. First, you need a compatible SIM card from your carrier in order to insert it into the iPhone. Next, you will need to connect the iPhone to a Wi-Fi network or have access to a cellular data connection.
Finally, you will need to sign into your Apple ID account in order to complete the activation process. If you have all of the aforementioned items ready, follow these steps:
1) Insert the SIM card into your iPhone.
2) Turn on your iPhone. If it doesn’t turn on automatically, press and hold the Side button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
3) Follow the prompts on your screen until you see the “Hello” screen.
If you see “Slide to set up,” go to Set up your device later in this article.
4) Tap Continue and follow the instructions onscreen until asked for your language preference and country or region information. When prompted, enter your Wi-Fi password then tap Join; if asked, enter additional information required by your network then tap Join again when satisfied with those fields’ contents (e.g., Proxy).
After successfully joining a Wi-Fi network, proceed with Step 5 below; otherwise, continue with Step 6 now instead (iPhones without SIM cards can only be activated via Wi-Fi).
5a) On an iPhone with Face ID: Look straight into your iPhone’s display until recognition occurs and “iPhone XS Max” or similar appears along with confirmation that Hey Siri is working; if successful move on to Step
5b below; otherwise enter the passcode then retry this step once more (Face ID enrollment might be necessary first). On an iPad without Face ID: Press the Home button two times quickly then look at the camera while keeping your finger close enough but not pressing the Home button (Touch ID enrollment might be necessary first).
How Do I Transfer My Cellular Plan to My New iPhone?
If you’re upgrading to a new iPhone, you can transfer your existing cellular plan to your new device. Here’s how:
1. Contact your carrier to start the process.
They’ll need your current phone number and account information, as well as the serial number of your new iPhone.
2. Once the process is started, back up your old iPhone using iTunes or iCloud. This will ensure that all of your data and settings are transferred to your new device.
3. When prompted, restore from your backup on your new iPhone. Once everything is restored, you should be good to go!
If you’ve just upgraded to a new iPhone, you may be wondering how to connect your old service. Luckily, it’s easy to do. Just follow these simple steps and you’ll be up and running in no time.