One of the great features of the Nintendo Switch is its ability to play games with a variety of controllers. You can use the Joy-Cons that come with the console, or you can opt for a more traditional setup with a Pro Controller. But what if you want to use an Xbox controller?
Here’s how to connect your Xbox controller to the Switch wired.
- Turn off your Xbox controller and your Nintendo Switch console
- Plug the smaller end of the USB cable into the top of your Xbox controller
- Plug the larger end of the USB cable into one of the Nintendo Switch console’s USB ports
- Turn on your Nintendo Switch console and then press and hold down the sync button on your Xbox controller for a few seconds until it begins to blink rapidly
- While it is blinking rapidly, press and release the sync button on your Nintendo Switch console
- The two devices should now be paired and you can use your Xbox controller to play games on your Switch!
Can You Hook Up an Xbox Controller to a Switch Wired?
It is possible to connect an Xbox controller to a Switch wired. This can be done by using a special adapter that is made for this purpose. The adapter will allow the Xbox controller to be used with the Switch console.
There are a few things to keep in mind when using this setup,
however. First, the Nintendo Switch dock must be disconnected from the console when using the adapter. Otherwise, it will not work correctly.
Second, only the left Joy-Con controller will work when connected to the adapter. The right Joy-Con must be disconnected in order for this to work properly.
Finally, it is important to note that not all games on the Switch are compatible with this setup.
Only certain games that support Bluetooth controllers can be played with an Xbox controller connected via an adapter.
Can You Connect the Wired Controller to the Switch?
Yes, you can connect a wired controller to your Nintendo Switch. You’ll need to use the charging dock that came with your Switch, or an official Nintendo USB-C cable. Once you have the cable plugged in and the controller connected, you’ll be able to play any game that supports controllers.
Keep in mind that not all games do, so you may need to use the Joy-Cons that come with your Switch if you want to play those titles.
How Do I Connect My Xbox Controller to My Switch?
There are a few different ways that you can connect your Xbox controller to your Switch. The first way is by using the official Xbox wireless adapter. This adapter will allow you to connect your controller to your Switch without any wires.
All you need to do is plug the adapter into your Switch and then sync your controller with it. Another way to connect your Xbox controller to your Switch is by using Bluetooth. To do this, you will need to have a Bluetooth-enabled Xbox controller.
Once you have that, all you need to do is put your Switch into its dock and then hold down the sync button on your controller for a few seconds. Your Switch should then show up as an available device on your controller. Simply select it and you should be able to start playing wirelessly!
The last way to connect your Xbox controller to your Switch is by using a USB cable. This method is similar to using Bluetooth, but instead of holding down the sync button, you will need to press and hold the Pairing button on the top of the controller while simultaneously pressing the Pairing button on the back of the switch itself. If done correctly, a message should pop up on both devices asking if you want to pair them together.
Press YES on both devices and you should be then good to go!
How to Connect Xbox One Controller to Switch Without Adapter
Do you have an Xbox One controller lying around and want to use it on your Switch? Well, you’re in luck, because it’s actually possible to connect your Xbox One controller to the Switch without using any adapters.
- Make sure your Switch is in its dock and connected to the internet.
- On your Xbox One controller, press and hold the Xbox button for three seconds to turn it on.
- Press and hold the sync button on top of the controller for three seconds as well.
This will make the controller enter Bluetooth pairing mode.
- On your Switch, go into its settings menu by pressing the Home button, then selecting System Settings from the main menu.
- Scroll down and select Controllers from the System Settings menu options.
- Select Change Grip/Order from this submenu options list.
- When prompted, take off any Joy-Cons that are attached to your Switch so that only the console itself is showing on-screen
- Now select Wireless Controller to begin pairing with your Xbox One gamepad
- Hold down both triggers (LT/RT) and both bumper buttons (LB/RB) simultaneously for about two seconds until you see a light bar appear at the bottom of the screen signifying a successful connection has been made! You can now use your Xbox One controller on your Nintendo Switch just like you would a set of Joy-Cons or Pro Controller
- If you want to disconnect your controller later, simply go back into Change Grip/Order menu within the Controllers settings on Switch and select Disconnect Controller.
Assuming you would like a summary of the blog post titled “How to Connect Xbox Controller to Switch Wired”: The process for connecting an Xbox controller to a Switch console is actually quite simple. All you need is a standard micro USB cable.
Just connect the cable to the controller and then plug it into the Switch. The controller will work automatically with any game that supports controllers. Keep in mind that not all games on the Switch support controllers, so you may need to use the Joy-Con controllers that come with the console for some games.