If you’re spending too much time on Discord, closing your account may be the best solution. On the other hand, you might want to delete your online presence. Whatever the case, this post explains how to delete Discord account on the browser, desktop, or mobile application.
How to Delete Discord Account?
Before we start, there is a step you need to take if you own a Discord server or several. You must delete or transfer ownership of such servers to someone else.
Remember that people on a server might be unhappy if you delete an active and functional server without notice. So decide if transferring the ownership will be more appropriate. After sorting that, then let’s close your account.
- Using the web application or desktop client, log in to Discord.
- Click the “User Settings” icon placed at the lower-left screen. It’s the gear icon next to the headphone icon.
- Click “Edit” located to the right of your username and avatar. This will take you to the “My Account” screen.
- Click “Delete Account.” Discord will prompt you to enter your account information such as 2FA code – if you have one – and your password. Provide requested information to complete the process.
Related Article: How to Invite People to Discord
Related Article: How to turn off Discord Overlay
Closing Your Discord Account on Android App:
- Make sure you’re using version 8.8.1 of Discord or newer.
- Open the app and log in to your account.
- Tap the three horizontal lines found in the top-left screen.
- Tap the settings or gear icon.
- Choose “My Account.”
- At the bottom of the page, tap “Delete Account” and follow the instructions to complete the account deletion process.
If you’re using an iOS mobile device, this Android procedure should also work, especially if you have a more recent version of Discord installed.
If you’re taking just a break, consider disabling your account instead of closing it. To do this, navigate to the “My Account” screen where “Delete Account” can be found. Instead of choosing the account deletion option, select “Disable Account.”
This way, you can regain access to your account at any time you wish.
Furthermore, after disabling your account, you wouldn’t receive Discord notifications anymore until you re-enable the account. People, however, will still be able to find and send you friend requests. You can accept those requests after re-enabling the account.
I hope you have discovered how to delete discord account through the web, desktop, or mobile application. To help friends who might need this information, kindly share this post on social media. If you have questions and feedback, don’t hesitate to use the comments section below.