Knowing how to delete epic games account is the first step to erasing all information connected to your account.
Either you’ve sold your console or want to quit gaming, you may have to terminate your account. Regardless of the reason, this post offers step-by-step instructions on how to permanently delete your epic game accounts and all its data.
Note: however that deleting your Epic Games account will also erase your Fortnite account, progress in other games, and other items associated with that account. And listen closely. You won’t be able to retrieve your account after deleting it.
With that cleared out of the way, here’s how to permanently delete your account in two ways.
How to delete epic games account:
- Head over to the Epic Games account page.
- Scroll down to the “Delete Account” section and click “Request Account Deletion.” If you use multiple accounts on that device, double-check that the account information displayed matches the one you intend to delete.
- After requesting account deletion, check your email associated with the account for a verification code. The verification is a way to make sure the action isn’t a mistake.
- On the Epic Games website, paste or enter the security code.
- Finally, click “Confirm Delete Request.” After this, a confirmation message will be displayed that your request has been sent.
At times, some users face difficulty when trying to delete their accounts. For example, if you get a “Security Code Error” message, just reenter the verification code. If this doesn’t solve the problem, then request a new code.
Also when the system prompts “Internal Server Error,” close out the page and try again later. If the problem however persists, contact Epic games using the below method.
Submit a Ticket:
- Enter this link in your desktop or mobile web browser to visit the support page.
- In the top-right screen, click “Contact Us.”
- Fill in all the requested information, including the reason for the account deletion request. Make sure to enter the email address associated with the account you want to delete.
- In the Inquiry menu, pick “Delete Epic Games Account.”
- In the appropriate field, describe why you want the account deleted. This will let Epic Games know that the request is intentional.
- After filling the information, click send. Within a couple of hours, you’ll receive an email asking you for additional confirmation.
Disable Your Epic Games Account:
If you are not sure whether or not to delete your account, you might consider disabling the account. This way, you will be able to reactivate the account later when you are ready to play again. To temporarily disable your account, follow the instructions below.
- Head over to this page. Once the page loads, click on “Contact Us.”
- Fill out all information. In the part that asks you to describe your inquiry, choose “Update Account/Billing Information” from the drop-downlist.
- Right below, type “I need to temporarily disable my account” without the quotes. You can as well provide more useful reasons for your request.
I hope this post on how to delete epic games account has helped you. Please use one of these social share buttons below to notify friends. If you have questions or want to drop your feedback, please use the comments section below.