To deregister iMessage, you need to go to the Settings app on your iPhone and then scroll down to Messages. Tap on Messages and then scroll all the way down to the bottom of the screen. At the bottom, there will be a button that says “Deregister iMessage.”
Tap on that and then enter in your phone number when prompted. You should then receive a confirmation message saying that your iMessage has been deregistered.
- On your iPhone, go to Settings > Messages and turn off iMessage
- If you’re using an iPhone, contact your carrier to make sure that they deactivated iMessage on their end
- If you’re using a Mac, open Messages, go to Preferences > Accounts, select your iMessage account, then click Sign Out
- If you’re using an iPad or iPod touch and can’t access Settings because it’s disabled or passcode locked, you need to erase your device and start over from scratch
- This will delete all of your data and settings: Go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings
How to Deregister iMessage & FaceTime on iPhone
How Do I Unlink My iPhone Messages from My Computer?
If you’re using iCloud to sync your Messages between your iPhone and Mac, it’s easy to unlink the two devices if you want to. Just follow these steps: Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
Tap on Messages. Tap on Send & Receive. Tap on the info button next to the email address or phone number that you want to unlink from your device.
Tap Unlink This Phone.
How Do I Unlink Or Deregister My Phone Number from iMessage?
It’s easy to unlink or deregister your phone number from iMessage. Here’s how: Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
Tap Messages. Tap the slider next to iMessage to turn it off.
How Do I Unlink Imessage from Other Devices?
Assuming you would like a step-by-step guide on unlinking iMessage from other devices:
1. On your iPhone, open the Settings app.
2. Scroll down and tap Messages.
3. Tap the slider next to iMessage to turn it off. A green slider indicates that iMessage is on.
4. Exit the Settings app and open the Messages app to verify that iMessage is turned off.
If you see “Waiting for Activation,” turn off FaceTime, then restart your iPhone and turn off iMessage again.
5. Now, go to each of your other devices where you want to use iMessage and sign out of iCloud: On an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 8 or later: Tap Settings > iCloud > Sign Out.
Enter your Apple ID password and tap Turn Off. On a Mac with OS X Mavericks 10.9 or later: Choose Apple menu > System Preferences > iCloud, click Sign Out, then click Done.
6. After signing out of iCloud on all of your devices, restart each one:
iPhone or iPad with iOS 7: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until you see the slider appear, then drag the slider to power off your device completely before turning it back on again. iPhone or iPad with iOS 8 or later: Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake button and Home button at the same time for at least 10 seconds until you see an Apple logo appear on your screen, then release both buttons simultaneously after seeing this logo flash once quickly followed by appearing again onscreen without disappearing (this process may take up to 30 seconds depending upon how much charge was in your device’s battery when beginning). Mac computer with OS X Mavericks 10.9 or earlier: Choose Apple menu > Shut Down.
After shut down completes successfully (you’ll know because all indicator lights will be dark), press the Power button again, as usual, to boot the system back up normally into the OS X login window (or desktop if set not to require a password upon startup/login).
What Happens If I Deregister from iMessage?
If you deregister from iMessage, your phone number will no longer be associated with your Apple ID. This means that you won’t be able to send or receive iMessages using that phone number. You’ll still be able to use your Apple ID for other services, such as the App Store, iTunes Store, iCloud, and more.
Deregister iMessage Without iPhone
If you’ve decided to switch from iPhone to Android, you may be wondering how to deregister iMessage. iMessage is a great feature of the iPhone, but it doesn’t work with Android. So if you want to use your phone number with an Android device, you’ll need to deregister iMessage first.
1. On your iPhone, go to Settings > Messages and turn off iMessage.
2. Insert your SIM card into your new Android device.
3. On your Android device, open the Messages app and tap the menu icon (three dots). Tap Settings > Chat settings > SMS and MMS > Import messages from iOS and turn on Import SMS messages. This will import any existing text messages from your iPhone to your new Android device.
Now that you’ve successfully deregistered iMessage, you can start using your phone number with your new Android device!
If you want to deregister iMessage on your iPhone or computer, there are a few steps you need to follow. First, open the Settings app on your iPhone and tap Messages. Next, tap the toggle next to iMessage to turn it off.
Once iMessage is turned off, open the Messages app on your Mac and go to Preferences. Under the Accounts tab, select your iMessage account and click Deregister Account. Finally, restart your iPhone and Mac for the changes to take effect.