The Play station 5 is a powerful console that can do a lot more than just play games. It can also be used as a web browser, giving you access to the internet on your TV. Getting a browser on your PS5 is easy and only takes a few minutes.
- Go to the PlayStation Store on your PS5 console and sign in with your Sony account
- Select Search from the top of the screen, then type in “Browser” into the search bar
- Select Browser from the list of results and press “X” to download it
- Once it has finished downloading, select Launch from the popup to open up the browser!
How Do I Browse the Internet on Ps5?
Assuming you would like a step-by-step guide on how to browse the internet on your PS5:
1. On the main menu of your PS5, scroll down and hover over the “Settings” icon. It looks like a gear.
2. Select “Network” from the list of options that appears.
3. In the Network settings menu, select “Set Up Internet Connection.”
4. Choose which connection type you would like to use: Wi-Fi or LAN (Ethernet).
If using Wi-Fi, select your network from the list of available networks and enter your password when prompted. If using a LAN cable, connect one end of the Ethernet cable to your PS5’s LAN port and plug the other end into your modem or router.
5. Once you have selected your connection type and entered any necessary credentials, choose “Custom” for your Settings unless you are directed otherwise by your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
6. For DNS Settings, select “Automatic.”
7. For MTU Settings, select “Auto.”
8. For Proxy Server, select “Do Not Use.” Unless instructed otherwise by your ISP
9. Save these settings and then test your internet connection by selecting “Do Test.”
Your PS5 will now be able to browse the internet!
Can I Download a Browser on My Ps5?
Yes, you can download a browser on your PS5. In fact, there are two browsers available for the console: PlayStation Browser and Safari. You can find both of these browsers in the PlayStation Store.
Why is There No Web Browser on Ps5
The PlayStation 5 is set to release in late 2020, and while we don’t know everything about it yet, we do know that there will be no web browser on the console. This is a change from the PlayStation 4, which did have a web browser, and it’s likely due to the fact that Sony wants to focus on gaming with the PS5. That being said, you can still access the internet on your PS5 by using apps like Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, and more.
So while you won’t be able to browse the web directly on your console, you’ll still be able to enjoy all your favorite streaming content. What do you think about this decision? Let us know in the comments below!
The Playstation 5 is set to release in November of 2020, and with it comes a new web browser. The web browser on the PS5 will be based on Chromium and will support 4K resolution at 60fps. In order to get the browser on your PS5, you will need to update your system software to version 8.0 or higher.
Once you have done that, you can access the browser by going to Settings > System > Web Browser.