Tension is rising because you are on the edge of victory. You move forward with your mate and wounded one by one of and your promptness creates panic in the opponent’s camp.
But all your attempts will be in vain if you find your laptop becomes too hot during the gaming sessions. Don’t worry some precautions will help you to keep your laptop cool and don’t insist you shut it down.
How to keep your laptop cool while gaming?
In this article, we bring some hacks on how to keep laptops cool while gaming. Let’s see what lies in the following.
Ensure proper place:
Generally, it will be good to place your laptop on a flat and solid surface when you are in your gaming session. If you keep it on a soft surface, for example, bed or lap then it will block the airflow and retard its cooling system.
However, on a hard surface, the laptop will find a sufficient gap because its rubber feet uplift slightly to ensure its cooling function.
But when you face difficulty in ensuring a convenient solid surface for your laptop placement, then the following steps will help you a little bit.
- Try to keep it on your lap in a way so that the fan part will remain unblocked.
- You can get help from a box, book, or any solid object that helps to uplift the laptop.
Though the laptop’s fan constantly rotates to ensure airflow, so, the dust naturally comes to the laptop without any barrier. You have no option to prevent it from build-up dust inside rather you can clean it every three to six months.
It is not a hard job to do rather following steps will help you to do it easily.
- First of all, buy a can of compressed air to clean from outside air pressure.
- To start the cleaning you need to ensure the laptop is shut off and if you just turn it off then take time to cool down the laptop.
- Now, hold your laptop in that way so that the fan grilles are exposed on the bottom.
- Afterward, you need to bring the can and point to the grille then spray. Most importantly, make sure the can is positioned in the upright position unless the liquid air may come out and that may damage the hardware.
- In the cleaning session, you need to move and tilt your laptop around to ensure all dust comes out.
Adding additional fan:
If you are a die-hard gamer, then your laptop’s existing fan will not be sufficient enough to provide a long-time service. In this case, you have to rely on additional cooling devices like laptop coolers, or cooling pads.
This external part does not charge a lot, rather it is relatively inexpensive. This will be a great companion in the gaming session to keep your laptop cool.
That’s why it becomes an indispensable part today when we talk about the gaming laptop. Try to use a cooling pad with 4 to 5 cooling fans if you wish to finish the COD: Modern Welfare 2 in one sitting.
The installation process is not hard enough– all you need is to place the laptop on it and plug it into any USB port on the laptop.
Less Overload on Hardware Components:
When you play a game try to make sure the graphics resolution is set on the required basis. It is known as the perfect way to avoid external GPU use. We mention this because playing modern games on a low-end GPU or CPU will overheat the laptop.
Another excellent habit you can grow up is to run the laptop in power-saving mode. It will help you to avoid consuming high power so, your laptop for silhouette cameo will remain cool for a long period.
Change your power settings:
The power setting can influence the laptop’s overheating. We recommend you try this formula to keep your laptop cool during gaming.
- At first, press the Windows Key + S => type power.
- From here select the Power & sleep settings from the results.
- Now go to the Related settings => click Additional power settings.
- You will see the Power Options window and locate your currently selected power plan => click the Change plan settings.
- Now click on Change advanced power settings then expand the Processor power management section => set the Maximum processor state to a lower value click Apply then OK.
To make you clear — if the current set value is 100, then lower it to 95 or any low figure and do the same for the Minimum processor state.