As of June 2015, the Xbox One is now able to use a wireless controller without the need for an adapter. However, there are still many gamers who prefer to use a wired controller for their Xbox 360. If you’re one of them, here’s how to make your wireless controller work with your console:
First, you’ll need to purchase a micro-USB cable. You can find these at most electronics stores or online retailers. Once you have your cable, connect one end to the micro-USB port on the top of your controller and the other end to any open USB port on your Xbox 360.
- Purchase a wireless gaming receiver for your Xbox 360 controller if you do not already have one
- Connect the gaming receiver to an available USB port on your computer
- Insert batteries into your wireless Xbox 360 controller or connect it to a play-and-charge kit to power it on
- Press the connect button on the gaming receiver, then press the connect button on the controller to establish a connection between them
- Launch the game or application you want to use with your wired controller and enjoy!
Can You Turn Wireless Controller into Wired?
It is possible to turn a wireless controller into wired one. All you need is the correct adapter for your console and controller. The adapters are not expensive, and they allow you to use a wired controller with your wireless console.
There are a few things to keep in mind when using this setup. First, the range of the wireless controller will be reduced to that of the wired connection. Second, you will need to re-pair the controller with the console if you want to use it wirelessly again.
Finally, some games may not work correctly with a wired controller. If you experience any issues, try disconnecting and reconnecting the controller or resetting your console.
How Do I Change My Xbox Controller to Wired?
If you’re looking to save a little money on batteries or just want a more reliable connection, you can switch your Xbox controller to wired mode. Here’s how:
1. Start by plugging the micro USB cable into the top of your controller.
2. Connect the other end of the micro USB cable to one of the USB ports on the front or back of your Xbox One console. If your console has multiple USB ports, any of them will work.
3. Press and hold the Guide button on your controller for three seconds, until you see the light start flashing at the top of your controller.
This means that it’s connected in wired mode and is now drawing power from the console instead of batteries.
4. You can now disconnect the micro USB cable and use your controller in wired mode without any issues!
Can Xbox Wireless Controller Work With Wire?
Yes, the Xbox Wireless Controller can work with a wire. In order to do this, you need to have the proper accessories. The first thing you need is the Xbox One Play and Charge Kit.
This kit includes a rechargeable battery pack and a micro USB cable. Once you have this, simply connect the micro USB cable to your controller and then plug it into your console. The controller will then be able to draw power from the console and charge itself.
You can also use this method to play games while charging your controller, which is great if you don’t have an extra set of batteries handy.
How Do You Connect a Wireless Xbox 360 Controller to a Pc?
Assuming you would like a step-by-step guide on how to connect a wireless Xbox 360 controller to a PC:
1. Begin by turning on your Xbox 360 controller by pressing and holding the Guide button in the center.
2. Next, press and release the connect button on top of the controller which will put it into discovery mode.
The lights around the Guide button will begin blinking indicating that it is searching for devices to sync with.
3. On your PC, open up the Start menu and search for “Devices and Printers”. This will bring up a window displaying all of the various devices that are currently connected or have been previously connected to your computer including controllers, keyboards, mice, etc.
4. Look for “Xbox 360 Wireless Controller” in this list (it may just say “Xbox Controller” if you’ve never used it before) and right-click on it then select “Properties”.
5. In the Properties dialog box that pops up, go to the Hardware tab at the top and select “Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows Version: 2.1“. Then click on Properties once more in order to open its own separate properties dialog box within this one.
6. Here you should see an option that says something along the lines of “Allow this device to wake the computer” with a checkbox next to it – make sure that’s checked off then click OK twice in order to exit out of both properties dialog boxes entirely.
7. Now go back up to Devices & Printers and find your controller again but this time double-click on it instead which should open up another window showing some basic information about it as well as options such as calibrating it or removing/uninstalling it from your system entirely if need be – we want neither of those so just close out of that window too now without making any changes/alterations whatsoever.
8. At this point, assuming you’re still holding down the Guide button on your controller from earlier, you should see one of its lights start flashing steadily which means it’s successfully paired/connected with your PC – congratulations!
You can now let go of that button and use your controller freely as normal whether playing games or otherwise, although keep in mind batteries do eventually die so you’ll need replacements eventually if using them frequently enough (or just plugging them into AC power via micro USB cable when not actively using them helps too).
How to Connect Xbox 360 Controller to PC Without Receiver
It’s pretty simple to connect an Xbox 360 controller to a PC without a receiver. All you need is a micro USB cable. Just follow these steps:
1. Plug the micro USB end of the cable into the top of the Xbox 360 controller.
2. Plug the other end of the cable into a USB port on your PC.
The Xbox 360 controller is now connected to your PC and you can start playing games.
If you want to use a wireless Xbox 360 controller, but don’t want to deal with batteries dying mid-game, you can easily make it wired. All you need is a Male-to-Male USB cable and about 10 minutes of time. Just follow these simple steps and you’ll be gaming with a wired controller in no time.