If you’re looking for how to make Siri call you by any name, chances are you want the personal voice assistant to call you by a different name other than the one on your personal contact.
Why does Siri Not Say My Name?
Siri will not say your name if you haven’t set it on your contact card. You can set your preferred name under “My Card” in your contact app. Do not worry, I will show you how to do that in the steps I will show you shortly.
To make Siri call you by your real name or a nickname, you will have to change some settings. For the sake of those who want to set up Siri from scratch, I’ve covered all the steps in detail below.
Make Siri Call You By Any Name
- Open your“Contacts” app and create or complete the information in “My Card”. This includes your name, picture, email address, and address.
- After setting that, open “Settings.”
- Scroll down and tap “Siri.”
- Toggle on the switch next to “Siri” if not already enabled.
- Turn on “Access When Locked.”
- Scroll down and tap “Language.” Choose the language you prefer to speak. There will be a checkmark next to activated language.
- Tap “My Info.” Here is where you get to choose your contact card. From now on, Siri will call you by the name on the information card you select.
How Do I Make Siri Call me Daddy?
You can make Siri call you daddy or even by your nickname. To do this, follow the steps below.
- Press and hold the Home button.
- Say, “from now on, call me Daddy.” Siri will confirm if that is what you would like to be called. After confirmation, from now on, Siri will call you by that name. The new name will also replace the nickname on file in your personal contact card.
How to Make Siri Say Anything
Using one of Apple’s accessibility features, you can type or paste anything in any typing app and make Siri speak it. To set up and use this feature, follow the instructions below.
- Navigate Settings > General > Accessibility > Speech.
- Toggle on the button next to “Speech Selection.”
- Turn on “Speak Screen” to make Siri a screen reader. By enabling this option, Siri will speak the content of your screen every time you use two fingers to swipe down from the top of the screen,.
- Under “Voices,” you can choose the type of voice.
- Right below, increase or decrease the “Speaking Rate.” Moving the slider to the right will make Siri speak the content of a screen faster while adjusting the slider to the left will reduce the speech rate.
- Open the Notes app or any other typing app.
- Type or paste whatever you want Siri to say.
- Highlight the text and tap the Speak icon. You can highlight by holding your finger on a text and then the rest.
- After tapping the Speak icon, Siri will speak all selected content.
With the above methods, I hope you can now get Siri to call you by any name or say anything you typed.