Video players are one of the most commonly used pieces of software on any device, and Android is no exception. While there are many great video player options available for Android, there may be times when you want to make a different player your default. This could be for a number of reasons, such as wanting to use a certain player for all your videos or simply trying out something new.
Whatever the reason, making a change to your default video player is easy to do.
- Open your Android device’s Settings app
- Tap Apps & notifications
- Tap Advanced Default apps
- If you don’t see this option, tap Default apps instead
- To set a default app for a specific type of content, tap the app next to that content type: For example, if you want Chrome to open all URL links, tap Chrome next to “Open supported links” 4b
- If there’s no clear default and you have multiple apps that can handle the same thing, tap Open by default Clear defaults
- This removes any current defaults and gives you a clean slate to start from scratch with new defaults
- To change how an existing default app opens another type of content (for example, if you want YouTube videos to open in VLC instead of the preinstalled video player), first clear defaults for that other app as described above
- Then follow steps 4a and 4b again to set VLC as the new default for that content type
How Do I Change the Default Video Player on Android?
It’s easy to change the default video player on your Android device. Just follow these simple steps:
1. Open the Settings app and tap on “Apps“.
2. Find the video player you want to use as your default (for example, VLC or MX Player) and tap on it.
3. Tap on the “Clear defaults” button. This will reset any previous setting making this video player your new default choice.
4. Exit out of Settings and try playing a video from another app (such as YouTube). You should now be prompted to choose which video player you’d like to use. Select your new default video player and enjoy!
How Do I Change My Default Video Player on Android 9?
There are a few ways to change the default video player on Android 9. The first way is to go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Advanced > Default apps. From here, you can tap on the “Video player” entry and select the app you want to use as your default video player.
If you don’t see the “Default apps” setting, it might be hidden in your phone’s settings. To access it, go to Settings > System > Advanced > Default apps. Another way to change your default video player is by opening up the app that you want to use as your default and going into its settings.
Many video players have a setting that allows you to set them as the default video player. For example, in VLC for Android, you can go to Settings > Preferences and tap on “Use as system default” under the “General” section.
How Do I Make Vlc My Default Player on Android?
If you’re using an Android device, you can make VLC your default media player by following these simple steps:
1. Open the Settings app on your Android device.
2. Tap on the Apps & notifications option.
3. Select the Default apps option.
4. Tap on the Video Player option.
5. Select VLC from the list of video players that appears.
6. That’s it!
How to Set Video Player As Default on Samsung
If you’re using a Samsung phone, there’s a good chance that you’re using the company’s own video player as your default player. However, if you’re not a fan of the stock player or just want to try something different, it’s easy to change your default video player. In this article, we’ll show you how to set a new default video player on your Samsung phone.
First, open up the Settings app and tap on “Apps“. Next, tap on “Default apps“. On this screen, you’ll see a list of various types of apps with their current defaults listed next to them.
Scroll down until you find “Video Player” and tap on it. This will open up a list of all the video players installed on your phone. Simply select the one you want to use as your default and hit “OK“.
That’s all there is to it! From now on, any time you try to play a video file, it will automatically open in your new default player.
Assuming you would like a summary of the blog post titled “How to Make VLC Default Android“: The post explains how to make the VLC media player the default player for all audio and video files on your Android device. To do this, you first need to download and install VLC from the Google Play Store.
Once it is installed, open the Settings app on your device and go to the Applications section. Find VLC in the list of installed apps and tap on it. You will see a screen with a toggle switch next to the option “Open by default.”
Switch this toggle to the On position and then tap on the “Clear defaults” button. This will ensure that all future audio and video files will be opened using VLC by default