Connect your iPhone to your computer using a USB cable. If you’ve never synced with iTunes or set up Find My iPhone in iCloud, you’ll need to use recovery mode to restore your device. If you have a backup, you can restore it after putting your iPhone in recovery mode.
Otherwise, you’ll need to erase your iPhone and start over. Open iTunes and select your iPhone from the top left corner of the screen. Click Summary in the sidebar and then click Check for Update.
Click Download and Update. Enter your passcode if prompted and agree to the terms and conditions. Wait for the update to finish installing.
Once it does, click Restore [your device].
- Download iTunes from the Apple website and install it on your computer
- Connect your iPhone to your computer using a USB cable
- Open iTunes and select your iPhone in the Devices list
- Click Summary in the left sidebar and click Restore iPhone in the right pane
- A dialog box will appear, asking you to confirm that you want to restore your iPhone to its factory settings
- Click Restore and wait for iTunes to erase your iPhone and install iOS 8
How to Backup & Restore iPhone using iTunes [UPDATED!] 2020
How Do I Restore My Iphone from Itunes?
Assuming you would like a step-by-step guide on how to restore your iPhone from iTunes:
1. Open iTunes and connect your iPhone to your computer.
2. Click on the device icon in the upper left corner of the iTunes window.
3. From the Summary tab, click Restore iPhone. 4. A pop-up will appear, asking you to confirm that you want to restore your iPhone to its factory settings and erase all its data. Click Restore to proceed.
5. Once the process is finished, your iPhone will restart and be erased completely. You can then set it up as new or restore it from a backup.
How Do I Get Itunes to Recognize My Iphone on Windows?
If you’re having trouble getting iTunes to recognize your iPhone on Windows, there are a few things you can try. First, make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes installed. If you don’t, you can download it from Apple’s website.
Next, try restarting both your computer and your iPhone. Sometimes this can help reset things and get everything talking to each other again. If that doesn’t work, the next thing to try is plugging your iPhone into a different USB port on your computer.
Sometimes certain ports can become glitchy and cause problems with recognition. Finally, if none of those things work, there could be an issue with the actual hardware of your iPhone or your computer’s USB ports/drivers. In that case, you’ll need to take it to an Apple Store or an authorized service provider for further diagnosis and assistance.
Why Can’T I Restore My Iphone from Pc?
There are a few reasons why you might not be able to restore your iPhone from your PC. One possibility is that you don’t have the latest version of iTunes installed on your computer. Another possibility is that there is a problem with the USB cable or port you’re using to connect your iPhone to your PC.
Finally, it’s also possible that there is a software issue on your iPhone itself that is preventing it from being restored. If you’re sure that you have the latest version of iTunes installed and you’re still having trouble restoring your iPhone, try troubleshooting the USB connection. First, make sure that the USB cable you’re using is compatible with your iPhone.
If it’s not, try using a different cable. Next, try connecting your iPhone to a different USB port on your PC. If neither of those things work, try restarting both your computer and your iPhone and then trying again to restore from iTunes.
If you’ve tried all of those things and you still can’t restore from iTunes, it’s likely that there is a software issue on your iPhone preventing it from being restored. The best way to fix this kind of problem is to put your iPhone into DFU mode and then restore it via iTunes. DFU mode stands for “Device Firmware Update” and putting your device into DFU mode will allow you to bypass any software issues that are preventing a normal restoration process from taking place.
To put an iPhone into DFU mode: 1) Connect the device to its charger 2) Press & hold BOTH Sleep/Wake (power) AND Home buttons at THE SAME TIME for EXACTLY 8 seconds; DO NOT release either button after 8 seconds has elapsed!
3) After EXACTLY 8 seconds has elapsed (NOT before or after), let go ONLY OF THE Sleep/Wake button while continuing TO HOLD DOWN Home button until recovery mode screen appears! 4) A message in iTunes should pop-up saying “iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode” – click OK!
How Do I Force My Iphone to Restore Without Itunes?
If you’re having trouble restoring your iPhone using iTunes, you can try doing it without iTunes. This can often be done by putting your iPhone into DFU mode. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Connect your iPhone to your computer using a USB cable. 2. Turn off your iPhone by holding down the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds, then sliding the “Power Off” slider that appears. 3. Once your iPhone is turned off, hold down both the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button simultaneously for 10 seconds.
After 10 seconds have passed, release the Sleep/Wake button but keep holding down the Home button. If done correctly, you should see the screen on your iPhone turn black; if not, start over from step 2. 4. At this point, iTunes should pop up on your computer with a message saying that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode; if not, open iTunes manually at this point.
Click “OK,” then click “Restore.” Doing so will erase all of the data on your iPhone; if you have a backup saved, you can restore it from there after restoring is complete otherwise all of your data will be lost..
Backing up your data is important. Losing important data can be devastating, and it’s always better to be safe than sorry. That’s why backing up your data is so important.
And that’s why we’re going to show you how to back up your data with iTunes. iTunes is a great way to back up your data. It’s simple and easy to use, and it’s a great way to keep your data safe.
Here’s how you do it: 1) Connect your device to your computer. 2) Open iTunes.
3) Select your device in the sidebar on the left. 4) Click the “Summary” tab at the top of the screen. 5) Under “Backups,” click “Back Up Now.”
That’s all there is to it! Your data will be safely backed up and you can rest easy knowing that your important data is safe and sound.
If you’re having trouble with your iPhone, one of the first things you should try is restoring it from iTunes. This process will erase all of your data, so be sure to back up before you begin. Once you’ve backed up, follow these steps to restore your iPhone from iTunes on Windows:
1. Connect your iPhone to your computer using a Lightning cable. 2. Open iTunes and select the “Summary” tab for your device. 3. Click “Restore iPhone.”
4. A pop-up window will appear asking if you want to back up your data before restoring; click “Back Up Now” if you do. 5. Once the backup is complete, click “Restore.” 6. A new window will appear with a progress bar showing the restoration process; this may take a while, so be patient!