Knowing how to rotate an image in Google Docs enables you to adjust the orientation of any image on the Docs app without using external software. Google Docs allows you to insert images in documents that you create, edit, and share.
In a situation where the image you inserted is displayed in the wrong orientation, you can rotate it to your desired angle.
How to rotate an image In Google Docs?
You can either rotate an image by making use of the “image options” or the “rotate control.”Below is a step-by-step guide on rotating an image in Google Docs.
Rotating Images Using the Image Options
- Click the image, scroll up to the context menu, and click the image options. A pop-up box will appear on the right side of the window.
- Select size and location.
- Under the rotate option, type in the value you want or rotate the image by clicking on the 90o
How to Rotate an Image Using the Rotate Control?
- Click on the image so that blue square boxes appear. You will see a unique box with a connected dot at the top center of the image. This box helps you control the image rotation.
- Rotate in a clockwise or anti-clockwise direction by clicking and dragging the box. Keep dragging until you are satisfied. Once that is done, release your mouse and keep working on the rest of the document.
How Can I Insert Image In Google Docs?
- Navigate to Google Docs using your Google login details, i.e. Gmail address and password.
- Upon logging in, you will see your documents. To edit and insert an image on any of the documents, just click on it. Once the document opens, follow the instructions below.
- To insert an image, locate Insert on the menu bar and click on it.
- Click on Image from the drop-down list and select where the photo or image is saved on your device. Depending on where the file is located, select Upload from your computer, Search the web, Drive, Photos, or Camera. Most of these options will appear depending on the device you are using to access Google Docs.
Note that you can only rotate an image on Google Docs when you’re logged in through a desktop web browser. The Docs mobile application does not have the option for image rotation at this moment. Therefore, ensure that the picture is in the right orientation before inserting it on Google Docs mobile app.
Related Article: How To Recover Deleted Apps On Android
Related Article: How to Duplicate A Page in Word?
How can I create a new Document in Google Docs?
In the top-left corner of the screen, navigate File > New > Document. Then a new Google Docs document file will open up.
How Can IFlip An Image In Google Docs?
Flipping an image is quite different from the process required when the aim is to rotate an image. To do this, follow the steps below.
- Click insert on the menu bar, select drawing, and then choose New. This step should open up a dialog box.
- Click on the image icon to upload the image you want to flip.
- Click on the Actions menu at the top-left corner of the page. Select the rotate option, and then flip horizontally or vertically.
How Can I Crop An Image In Google Docs?
Select the image, click on the crop image button that is available on the toolbar at the top of the page, and then crop to your desired size.
How Do I Rotate A Text In Google Docs?
Texts cannot be rotated on Google Docs. You can only create a textbox and adjust the size vertically or horizontally.
How Do I Move an Image In Google Docs?
Using your mouse, click on the image and drag it to the position you desire.
Related Article: How to Double Space on Google Docs
Related Article: How to delete a page in Google Docs