With that, this post provides step-by-step instructions on how to screen share on Discord. While video calling, Discord allows you to share your screen with friends. This screen share feature can be useful for guiding and educating friends on a specific application.
How to Screen Share on Discord?
First, you have to configure your audio and video settings in discord. Follow the instruction below for how to.
- At the lower-left corner of the screen, click the “User Settings” button. It’s the cog icon to the right of the headphone icon.
- On the left panel, scroll down to and click “Voice & Video” located under the “APP SETTINGS” tab. Then adjust your video and voice chat settings as needed.
- Next, scroll down to the “VIDEO SETTINGS” section. From the drop-down menu, choose your video camera hardware. Click “Test Video” located to the right to ensure everything works properly.
Note: If you are using Discord through a desktop browser, the browser might pop up: “dicord.com wants to use your microphone.” Ensure to allow this prompt to have media (microphone and camera) access.
Related Article: How to Add Friends on Discord
Related Article: How to Install Better Discord
After configuring your video and audio settings, get back to the homepage by clicking the discord icon at the top of the screen. Then follow the below steps.
- Open your friend lists by clicking “Friends.”
- Hover over the name of a friend and click the option that says “Start Video Call.” Alternatively, you can click on your friend’s username. This will open up a DM with them. From there, you can click the video call icon to start a video call.
Note: Discord allows you to video call up to nine people on the chat server.
- When in the call, check the bottom of the window for the screen share icon. It’s the monitor screen with an arrow in the middle. Clicking this icon will switch your main view from video calling to screen share.
- When in the screen share view, you can share “Your Entire Screen” or a specific “Application Window.” If you are sharing a particular window, toggle on the “SOUND” button to let friends hear the chimes and pings as you guide them through your screen.
I hope this guide on how to screen share on Discord helped you. Please share the post on social media with friends who might need this information. If you have questions or feedback, don’t hesitate to use the comments below.