Spotify opening every time you boot your PC can be annoying and may slow down the performance of your computer. This step-by-step guide shows how to stop Spotify from opening on startup either on Mac or Microsoft Windows.
How To Stop Spotify From Opening On Startup:
Disable Automatic Startup for Windows OS and Mac OS:
- Open “Spotify.”
- Navigate to the top left corner and click “Edit” in Windows or “Spotify” in macOS.
- Select “Preferences”
- Scroll down and select “Show Advanced Settings.”
- Navigate to the “Startup and Window Behaviour.”
- Choose “No” for the option that asks if you want Spotify to open after you log on to the computer.
- Toggle off the option that also says, “Allow Spotify to be opened from the web” This helps prevent Spotify startup through any browser or web pages.
Method 2 (for Window Users)
- Type “Task Manager” in the search bar of your computer.
- Open the “Task Manager.”
- Click the “Startup Tab.”
- Right-click “Spotify,” then choose “Disable.”
Method 3 (for macOS Users)
- From the top left corner of the screen, choose “System preferences.”
- Navigate to and click “Users & Groups.”
- Choose the tab that reads “Login items.”
- Scroll down to find Spotify from the list and untick the box next to it.
That’s how to disable the automatic startup of Spotify on both Microsoft Windows and Mac OS. If any of these steps work for you, let me know in the comment section below.
Related Article: How To Change Your Spotify Username