If you own both an iPhone and a MacBook, you might be wondering how to switch your AirPods between the two devices. Luckily, it’s a pretty simple process. Here’s how to do it:
First, make sure that your AirPods are powered on and within range of your iPhone. Then, open the lid of the charging case and hold down the setup button for about five seconds. After a few seconds, you should see a white light flashing on the front of the case.
At this point, open up Bluetooth settings on your MacBook and look for “AirPods” in the list of devices. Select “AirPods” and then click “Connect.” Once connected, you’ll be able to use your AirPods with your MacBook just like any other Bluetooth headset.
- To switch your AirPods from your iPhone to your laptop, first make sure that both devices are nearby and that your AirPods are in their charging case
- Open the lid of the charging case and press and hold the setup button on the back for a few seconds
- A white light between the status light and the speaker grille will flash three times, indicating that you’re in discovery mode
- On your laptop, open System Preferences > Bluetooth and look for “AirPods” under Other Devices
- Select it and click “Connect”
- Once connected, you’ll see a checkmark next to “AirPods” in Bluetooth preferences indicating they’re now paired with your computer
Can AirPods Be Connected to Phone And Laptop?
Yes, AirPods can be connected to both an iPhone and a laptop. To connect your AirPods to your iPhone, simply open the lid of the charging case near your iPhone. Your AirPods will then appear in the list of available Bluetooth devices on your iPhone.
To connect your AirPods to your laptop, you’ll need to put them in pairing mode first by holding down the setup button on the back of the charging case for about five seconds. Once they’re in pairing mode, open up the Bluetooth settings on your laptop and look for “AirPods” in the list of available devices.
How Do I Switch My Airpods on My Laptop?
Assuming you would like a step-by-step guide on how to connect your AirPods to a laptop:
- Make sure that your AirPods are in their case and that the case has power. If not, charge your AirPods by plugging the case into a power outlet using the Lightning cable.
- Open the lid of the AirPods case—you should see a green light next to the button on the front of the case.
- Press and hold the setup button on the back of the case for at least 15 seconds—the status light should flash white, then amber, indicating that your AirPods are in pairing mode.
- On your laptop, open System Preferences and click Bluetooth.
Your computer will now search for nearby Bluetooth devices; when it finds your AirPods, it will list them as “AirPods” with an Apple logo next to them. Select this option and wait for your computer to finish connecting to your AirPods (you may see a spinning wheel next to “Airpods” in Bluetooth preferences).
How Do I Switch Devices on Airpods?
Assuming you would like a step-by-step guide on how to switch devices with your AirPods:
- Locate your AirPods case and open the lid.
- Press and hold the setup button on the back of the case until the LED light flashes white.
- Open the Bluetooth settings on your first device and make sure that Bluetooth is enabled.
- Tap “AirPods” in your list of available Bluetooth devices and wait for a connection to be established.
- Once connected, put your AirPods in your ears and begin playing audio from your first device.
- To switch to another compatible device, simply open the Bluetooth settings on that device and connect to your AirPods in the same way as before (steps 4-5). You will now be able to play audio from both devices simultaneously!
How to Split Airpods between Two Devices?
If you have two Apple devices and want to use your AirPods with both of them, you can easily do so! Here’s how: First, make sure that both of your devices are signed in to iCloud with the same Apple ID.
Then, connect your AirPods to one of the devices using Bluetooth. Once they’re connected, open up the Settings app on both devices and go to the “Bluetooth” section. You should see your AirPods listed as connected on both devices.
Now, all you need to do is play audio from either device and it will automatically be sent to your AirPods! You can even switch which device you’re playing audio from without having to disconnect and reconnect your AirPods – just tap on the icon next to the AirPods in the Bluetooth settings and choose which device you want to use.
If you have Apple’s wireless AirPods and want to use them with your iPhone and your Mac, there’s no need to buy a separate pair of headphones. You can easily switch the AirPods between devices. Here’s how.