Cross-play between the Nintendo Switch and other platforms has been a big selling point for Epic Games’ Fortnite. But what if you want to play with friends on just one platform?
Here’s how to turn off cross-platform play in Fortnite on the Switch.
- From the main menu, select “Settings”
- Scroll down to the “Cross Platform Play” setting and set it to “Off”
- Save your changes and exit out of the Settings menu
Can You Turn Fortnite Crossplay Off on Switch?
Yes, you can turn off crossplay for Fortnite on Nintendo Switch.
- Open the Fortnite game on your Switch.
- Go to Settings.
- Select the Crossplay option and set it to Off.
How Do I Turn on Cross Platform With Fortnite Switch?
If you’re looking to play Fortnite on your Switch with friends who are playing on other platforms, you’ll need to enable cross-play.
- Start up Fortnite on your Switch and log in (or create an account).
- Go to the Settings menu.
- Select the Account tab.
- Scroll down to Cross-Play and select Enable from the drop-down menu.
How Do I Turn Off Cross-Play?
There are a few ways that you can turn off crossplay. The first way is to go into your game’s settings and look for the option to disable cross-play. This option is usually located in the multiplayer or online section of the settings menu.
If you can’t find this option in your game’s settings, you can try disabling cross-play through your console’s or platform’s settings menu. For example, on Xbox One, you would go to Settings > All Settings > System > Console Settings > Multiplayer and then toggle the “Enable Cross-Play” setting to Off. On PlayStation 4, you would go to Settings > Account Management > Account Information > Privacy Settings > Online Activity and then toggle the “Cross Platform Play” setting to Disabled.
Finally, if you’re playing on PC, you can try disabling cross-play by opening the Steam client, going to Steam > Settings > Friends & Chat, and then unchecking the “Enable Steam Cloud Synchronization for games that support it” box.
How to Turn off Cross Platform Fortnite Switch 2022
If you’re one of the many people who play Fortnite on the Nintendo Switch, you may have been wondering how to turn off cross-platform play. After all, it can be a bit annoying to have people from other platforms playing with or against you in the game.
Thankfully, there’s an easy way to do this.
- Start by opening up the main menu in Fortnite. From here, head to the Settings option.
- In the Settings menu, scroll down until you see the Cross-Platform Play option. By default, this will be set to On.
- To disable cross-platform play, simply switch this option to Off and then exit out of the Settings menu.
That’s all there is to it! Now that cross-platform play has been turned off for your account, you’ll only be matched up with players who are also using a Nintendo Switch.
In order to turn off the Cross Platform Fortnite Switch on your Nintendo Switch, you will need to go into the Settings Menu. From here, select the “System” option and then scroll down until you see the “Cross Platform Play” setting. Set this option to “Off” and then exit out of the menu.
This will disable the feature for all future games that you play.