If you’re using an Android and want to turn off Facebook Messenger, there are a few steps you need to follow. First, open the Messenger app and tap on your profile picture in the top left corner. Second, scroll down and tap on Settings.
Third, under Accounts, tap on Linked Accounts. Fourth, under Linked Accounts, tap on Facebook. Finally, toggle the switch next to “Turn Off Facebook Messenger” to the off position.
- Open Facebook Messenger on your Android device
- Tap the Menu icon in the top right corner of the screen (it looks like three horizontal lines)
- Scroll down and tap Settings
- Tap Account Settings, then Notifications
- Toggle the notifications off for both chat alerts and message requests
How To Logout From Facebook Messenger On Android Easy And Fast 2021
How Do I Turn off Facebook Messenger App on Android?
To turn off Facebook Messenger on your Android device:
1. Open the Facebook Messenger app.
2. Tap your profile picture in the top left corner of the screen.
3. Scroll down and tap Account Settings. 4. Tap Notifications and Sounds. 5. Turn off the toggle next to Chat sounds.
Can I Turn off Messenger Without Turning off Facebook?
There is no way to turn off Messenger without also turning off Facebook. When you deactivate your Facebook account, it automatically disables Messenger as well.
Why Can’T I Turn off Messenger?
If you’re using an iPhone, it’s not possible to log out of the Facebook Messenger app. However, there is a way to appear offline on Messenger. To do this:
1. Open the Facebook Messenger app. 2. Tap your profile picture in the top left corner of the screen. 3. Scroll down and tap Log Out.
4. Confirm by tapping Log Out again in the pop-up window.
Turn off Messenger Notifications in Facebook App
1. Open the Facebook app on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Tap the More tab in the bottom right corner of the screen (it looks like three dots).
3. Scroll down and tap Settings. 4. Tap Notifications > App Settings. 5. Turn off notifications for Messenger by tapping the switch next to Allow Notifications.
If you’re someone who likes to keep their social media usage to a minimum, or if you just don’t see the need for Facebook Messenger, then you might be wondering how to turn it off. Thankfully, it’s actually quite easy to do on your Android device. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to turn off Facebook Messenger:
1. Open the Facebook Messenger app on your Android device. 2. Tap on the “Menu” icon in the top-right corner of the screen (it looks like three horizontal lines). 3. Scroll down and tap on “Settings.”
4. Under the “General” section, tap on “Chat heads.” 5. Toggle off the “Enable chat heads” option. That’s all there is to it!
Once you’ve followed these steps, Facebook Messenger will no longer appear as a floating head when you receive messages. If you ever decide that you want to use Messenger again, simply follow these same steps and toggle the “Enable chat heads” option back on.