This guide, therefore, provides step-by-step instructions on how to uninstall Discord successfully either on Windows or Mac computer.
If Discord keeps crashing or you’re having issues with the application, uninstalling and reinstalling the app might be helpful.
How to Uninstall Discord:
On Windows, first, delete Discord temporary files. Then stop all of its instances in task manager, and finally uninstall the app through the Windows uninstaller panel. Follow the below steps for howto.
- Type “run” without the quotes in the Windows search bar. Click the “Run” app that appears.
- In the Run window, type %appdata% and click OK.
- Locate and delete the Discord folder.
- Repeat #1 above and type %localappdata%. Then delete the Discord folder you see.
- Next, search for “Task Manager” in the Windows search bar and stop all instances of Discord. Alternatively, you can press Ctrl + Alt + Delete simultaneously on your keyboard to get to Task Manager.
Note: All the above steps are crucial to avoid errors during the uninstallation process.
- Now, go to the system uninstaller to remove completely Discord from your computer. to do this, In the Windows search bar, type and search “Control Panel” without the quotes, open the app that appears, then click “Programs and Features” from the options displayed.
- From the list of your installed app, locate and uninstall Discord.
How to uninstall discord in Mac OS:
Unlike Windows, uninstalling discord in Mac is straightforward.
- First, ensure Discord is not running in the background. For confirmation, check the Menu Bar. If you see Discord icon, right-click it and click “Quit Discord.”
- Next, open your Mac’s Applications folder. To do this, click “Application” from the Dock or open “Finder” and then press Shift + Command + A on your keyboard.
- In the App screen, find and click “Discord the app”, then drag and drop it on your Trash bin.
- Empty your trash bin. To do this, right-click the trash bin icon on your Dock and select “Empty Trash.”
That’s how to uninstall Discord on both Windows and Mac. If you found this post helpful, please use the share buttons below to notify other Discord users or friends on social media. For questions or feedback, kindly use the comment section below.