Do you want to learn how to uninstall Dropbox from Mac Computer? This article clearly explains how to delete, remove, and completely uninstall Dropbox from Mac.
Dropbox is one essential app for Mac users. It helps synchronize files so they can appear simultaneously on cloud storage and different devices. Basically, Dropbox enables you to save files, access them at any time, on any device.
How to Uninstall Dropbox From Mac?
Whether Dropbox is overheating your Mac, eating up space, or you just want to uninstall it and reinstall later, or maybe you have any other reason, here is how to uninstall Dropbox from Mac.
Before getting into the process, note that uninstalling Dropbox from a Mac computer is not the same as deleting the app. When you delete Dropbox, there would be leftover folders and files, but uninstalling will completely remove the app and other of its components from your Mac.
Note: To not run into problems during this process, make sure you unlink Dropbox first and close out all its extensions. From deleting to uninstalling, read on for the complete process.
Step 1: Unlink Dropbox on Your Mac
- Click the Dropbox icon on the taskbar.
- Click parameters (small icon) at the bottom right corner of the Dropbox menu.
- Select “Preferences.”
- Choose “Account.”
- Click “Unlink This Dropbox.”
Step 2: Quit Dropbox
- Click the “Dropbox icon” located at the taskbar.
- Click the small gear icon placed at the right corner of the Dropbox menu.
- Click “Quit Dropbox.”
Step 3: Close Out Any Dropbox Extension
- Navigate to Applications > Utilities > Activity Monitor.
- Quit any Dropbox process that is running.
Related Article: How to Combine Multiple Cloud Storage Drives into One
Related Article: How to Upload Photos to Google Drive From Android
Step 4: Delete Dropbox
- Drag Dropbox from “Applications” into the trash can.
Upon completing this step, you would have to delete Dropbox from your Mac computer, but its folders and other helper files will still be intact.
Proceed with the following steps to remove other Dropbox components from your computer.
Step 5: Uninstall Dropbox Contextual Menu
- Launch “Finder” on your Mac.
- Click Go, scroll down, and select “Go to Folder.”
- Type “/Library” (without the quotes) and click “Go.”
- Locate the “DropboxHelperTools” folder.
- Drag it into the Trash can.
Note: you may be asked to input your password to confirm the process.
Step 6:Remove Remaining Dropbox Helper Files
- Repeat #1 and #2 in Step 5 above.
- Type in “~/.dropbox” without the quotes and Go.
- Drag the folder labeled “dropbox” into the trash can.
Congratulations. You have successfully deleted, removed, and uninstall Dropbox from your Mac computer.
Hopefully, this post addressed your concerns on how to uninstall Dropbox from Mac.
Related Article: How To Print Double Sided On Mac
Related Article: How To Recover Deleted Apps On Android
Were you able to remove Dropbox from your machine? Please let me know in the comment section below.