Pelican wireless thermostats are a great way to save money on your energy bill. They are easy to install and can be controlled from anywhere in the world. But what do you do if you forget your password?
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to unlock a Pelican wireless thermostat.
- Check the batteries: The first step is to check whether the batteries in the thermostat are working or not
- If they are not, then replace them with new ones
- Press and hold the “unlock” button: Once you have replaced the batteries, press and hold the “unlock” button on the thermostat for about 5 seconds
- Enter your four-digit code: After you have held down the “unlock” button for 5 seconds, you will be prompted to enter a four-digit code on the keypad
- Press the “enter/menu” button: Once you have entered your four-digit code, press the “enter/menu” button to unlock the thermostat
PelicanWireless TS200 User Guide
How Do I Unlock My Pelican Wireless Thermostat
If you need to unlock your Pelican Wireless Thermostat, there are a few different ways that you can do so. One way is to simply press and hold the “Lock” button for 3 seconds. This will cause the thermostat to enter its locked state.
You can also use the “Menu” button to access the thermostat’s menu and then select the “Security” option. From here, you will be able to enable or disable the locking feature as well as set a PIN code for unlocking the device.
What is the Process for Unlocking a Pelican Wireless Thermostat
If you need to unlock your Pelican Wireless Thermostat, there are a few steps you’ll need to follow. First, locate the thermostat’s Menu button and press it. Next, use the Up and Down arrows to navigate to the Lock icon.
Once you’ve selected the Lock icon, press the Select button in the center of the screen. This will bring up a prompt asking you to confirm that you want to unlock the thermostat. Press Select again to confirm, and then enter your four-digit code when prompted.
Once you’ve entered your code, press Select one last time and your Pelican Wireless Thermostat will be unlocked!
How Can I Access My Pelican Wireless Thermostat If It is Locked
If your Pelican Wireless thermostat is locked, you can access it by following these steps:
- Use the Pelican app to unlock the thermostat.
- Press and hold the center button on the thermostat for 5 seconds.
- Enter your 4-digit code.
- Press the center button to confirm.
- The display will show “unlocked” and you can now adjust the settings on your thermostat.
Pelican Wireless Thermostat Hack
As the IoT continues to grow, so do the opportunities for hackers to exploit vulnerabilities in these devices. One such example is the Pelican Wireless Thermostat, which was recently found to have a serious security flaw that could allow attackers to take control of the device and manipulate the temperature settings.
The Pelican Wireless Thermostat is a popular choice for many homeowners due to its low price and easy installation.
However, researchers at Trustwave’s SpiderLabs have discovered that the device contains a number of serious security flaws that could be exploited by attackers.
One of the most serious flaws is that the device uses an insecure wireless protocol (Zigbee) which can be easily intercepted by attackers. Additionally, the device does not properly encrypt data which means that it can be easily decrypted by anyone who intercepts it.
Another serious flaw is that the device does not properly authenticate users before allowing them to access its features.
This means that an attacker could gain access to the device and manipulate the temperature settings without needing any special privileges or permissions.
Finally, Trustwave’s research also found that there are a number of other less serious but still concerning flaws in the Pelican Wireless Thermostat.
These include weak password policies, lack of two-factor authentication, and hard-coded passwords stored in plaintext within the device’s firmware.
All of these flaws together make it very easy for attackers to take control of Pelican Wireless Thermostats and use them to either spy on homeowners or manipulate their environment for malicious purposes.
Thankfully, Trustwave has notified Pelican about these issues and they are currently working on patches to fix them.
In the meantime, we recommend disabling your Pelican Wireless Thermostat until these patches are released and applied.
If your Pelican Wireless Thermostat is locked, you can easily unlock it by following these simple steps:
- Start by pressing the “Menu” button on the thermostat.
- Then use the arrow keys to navigate to the “Settings” menu.
- Once in the Settings menu, press the “Enter” key to select it.
- In the Settings menu, there is an option for “Lock”. Use the arrow keys to highlight this option and then press the “Enter” key to select it.
- You will then be prompted to enter a four-digit pin code. Enter your desired pin code and press the “Enter” key again.