The 21st century is definitely the era of more – more innovation, more features, and most importantly, more ease. From creative new videos raining on Instagram Reels almost daily to YouTubers streaming their gameplay live, nothing fancy in 2021 is without a touch of technology.
Even the entire scene of mobile games has seen a downright change – now we have better graphics and a far better plot. But ever wondered how your favorite YouTuber manages to live stream the game, or how the influencer posts flawless videos? The answer is – through video recording software like OBS Studio. Let’s take a sneak peek into what it really is:
OBS or Open Broadcaster Software is a free video production software that is highly famous with the tech-savvy folks out there. From broadcasting games and videos to creating screencasts – OBS does it all. But hold your horses! Just like everything, this software also has a set of pros and cons too. Let’s take a dig at those:
- It is fully free of cost, open-source, and loaded with features.
- Designing and editing are viable.
- Over 20 plug-ins are available. Hence, improved functionality.
- You can easily stream across a number of live streaming platforms like YouTube, Twitch.
- Not suitable for amateurs, as features require a lot of technical know-how.
- Does not function on Windows XP.
- Multiple device networking is not possible.
- Complicated user interface.
There is no denying that OBS is hyped for all the right reasons – it is free, packed with amazing features, and whatnot! But here’s the deal – if you’re a beginner, then OBS is definitely not your video production haven. It is packed with features, yes. But you will have a tough time navigating those, being a newbie.
But hold up, don’t let your dreams come crashing down. We have an alternative for you that is equally amazing, if not better. VideoProc, similar to OBS Studio, is a video recording software – just easier to use, with almost the same features and specifications to offer. Let’s find more about it:
Features of VideoProc
Easy to use
VideoProc is user-friendly and does not require you to have full-blown technical knowledge. Only a surface-level idea of video production and editing is all it needs for you to ace the game of video production, screencasting, or live stream the videos. There are 3 useful recording modes which this software offers:
- Record Windows or Mac screen
- Record screen with webcam simultaneously
- Record iPhone screen
VideoProc allows you to voice-over your videos! So, if you have recorded a video but are not confident about how it may sound, this feature is your savior. Now you finally know how those YouTubers record a video that sounds as clear as daylight.
The videos you create through this software are of premium quality. Not just this, even if you have used a GoPro for recording something, you can later improve the quality of that video using VideoProc.
It’s not always possible to take care of the background, especially when you are recording or streaming something live and VideoProc understands this. So, this software comes with a feature called Chroma Keying. Just set a green background and then change it through the software, as you feel like.
More than a screen recorder
There are many more significant features that VideoProc provides you. If you feel your video requires a little touch-up, you can edit it here, on VideoProc. Whether you want to edit (like cut, crop, merge, rotate, add subtitle, remove fisheye, etc.), convert HEVC/MP4/MKV, compress 4K &large-sized videos, or download online videos- you want it, you get it!
Just like these, VideoProc comes with many other decent features. Tap on the link to know more about VideoProc’s screen recording features or watch this video for a quick tutorial.
Which one is better?
Now that you know about OBS Studio and VideoProc both, it’s about time we settle it once and for all – which one is better for you? Here we go:
- While OBS Studio is free-to-use software. VideoProc needs to be purchased for a minimum of $29.95, but the extra video editing, transcoding, and downloading capabilities make it worth your money.
- OBS supports only a limited number of languages like English, Polish and Turkish. VideoProc, however, supports a total of 6 languages so far, including German and Japanese.
- OBS can only be run on Windows, Linux, and Mac. While on the other hand, VideoProc is compatible with Windows 10/8.1/8/7 and Mac.
Over to you…?
After a detailed study about both OBS Studio and VideoProc software, one thing is apparent – both of these video recording software is marvelous. But the choice must be made depending on your needs.
If you are a noob and want to try your hands on video production, you may go for VideoProc. It is easy to use and hassle-free. Although it is a paid software, the trial is completely free. Here’s the link to download it. But if you are a pro at video production, you can go for OBS Studio – after all, it’s completely free.