The popularity of a Virtual Private Network is extremely high. Nowadays using a VPN is very easy and efficient in many cases. Thanks to such a great application, you may get rid of many issues that don’t let you enjoy safe surfing the Internet.
That’s why VPN software is the top required keyword in the App Store and Google Play. Professional developers from the JatApp company website create new apps and improve their features to satisfy audiences. Nowadays customers have high demands and expect total satisfaction.
So there are 2 main questions about VPNs among customers. They want to know which app is the best and is using a VPN illegal. Yes, users want to understand if they break any laws by using such software. There are many controversial opinions but the truth is the one. Let’s clear out your doubts.
Popular Examples of Why VPNs are Popular
It’s better to start by mentioning the advantages of using VPN technology. It means an ability to manage your privacy, change your IP address, access geo-restricted content, and so on. Here are several legitimate examples of using a Virtual Private Network:
– individuals can stay anonymous. The representatives of certain professions like reporters may require extra protection for their personal information. VPN technology lets them remain anonymous and secure their IP addresses;
– users may avoid annoying ads. As you know, customers are targeted with ads according to their search activity. If you want to google something but don’t want to see relevant advertisements you can do it with a VPN;
– companies may protect their employees. Digital workspace is a new trend due to COVID-19 and the extreme development of the IT industry. A Virtual Private Network becomes an extra protecting layer to secure sensitive and personal information about employees;
– secure your data from the public. If you want to connect to the Wi-Fi in a cafe then it’s better to protect your data with a VPN. It will prevent data leaks and scams;
– secure your communication. Don’t let scammers access your dialogs via VOIP by using a Virtual Private Network. It will prevent hackers from monitoring your conversations.
Well, many examples confirm that VPN use is spectacular. Users may take advantage of such apps and services in many spheres from personal needs to corporate goals.
The Real VPN Status in Different Countries
Long story short, the statement about the VPN illegal status is far from the truth. In most countries, users aren’t prohibited to install and use Virtual Private Network applications. For instance, you are free to use such software in the European Union, Canada, Japan, India, etc.
But it’s important to mention that users are permitted to use the software only for legal actions. If you plan to do illegal things using a legal application you can still be punished. So it’s the essential rule for all VPN users: you must distinguish the legality of VPN as software and the legality of your actions during using it.
For instance, using a bag is legal everywhere in the world. You can buy it, try it on, and carry it as you want. But if you plan to rob the bank and hide money inside this bag, your actions will be illegal. It doesn’t make your bag illegal but only your criminal acts.
At the same time, there is a list of countries where its citizens and temporary visitors aren’t allowed to use VPN software no matter what. The governments of such countries have surface explanations for such laws which are usually formal and have nothing to do with the truth. Here are several examples:
– North Korea is known for the huge censorship of the Internet. It prohibits citizens to access information that can endanger the current political regime. South Korea is even known for sharing fake news inside the country to make people live in the isolation;
– Turkmenistan. This country aimed to prohibit citizens from using social media networks. Such foreign platforms as Instagram, Facebook, and so on can inform people about the events the authorities don’t support. The pricing for using the Internet is very high too;
– Belarus. People in this country have had the same president since 1994 and hardly have a piece of democracy. Every new election is followed with fraud and doesn’t allow the people to protest. So the restrictions on using VPNs help the government to keep doing evil to the people;
– Russia. Step by step, the Russian government has been tightening the screws on freedom for its citizens. Official authorities claim that that’s the way they fight against extremist content but everyone knows that the president and the government do everything to hide politically sensitive content. As a result, Russia bans VPNs only to suppress the aspirations of the people to live freely.
If you wonder is VPN illegal in your country you can find the official statement of your government. But as it was previously said, in most countries you are not prohibited to use apps and services with a VPN technology.
What if Using a VPN is Restricted in Your Country
Using a VPN in restricted regions like China, North Korea, and Russia depends on their governments. According to all claims, a reputable VPN provider guarantees users total VPN safety. It means that your logs and activity on the Web aren’t tracked. As a result, no one can receive the information you exchange with servers while using Virtual Private Networks.
At the same time, every VPN provider must comply with the government of the exact country where the business is registered. If authorities demand all information about a user from a company, they will receive your logs, search history, etc. The next actions and your responsibility before the law totally depend on the regulations of the exact country.
That’s why reputable VPN providers register their businesses in those countries where such laws don’t exist or it’s quite easy to ignore them at least. So when you decide which app or service to use you must clarify all details.
While someone wonder is a VPN necessary, others seek the best application of online service. Yes, this is a great tool for individuals and businesses because of a variety of essential features. Anyway, most countries have no restrictions on VPNs. Both customers and governments understand that a VPN technology means many advantages and doesn’t constitute a danger.
The Internet is a free place so it couldn’t be controlled in terms of damaging users. So choose a reputable VPN provider and get rid of possible problems on the Web!