This post explains how to print double-sided on a Mac computer. This guide will be helpful when you want to economize paper or create a presentable booklet for work or any other number of purposes. For this to work, ensure your printer supports duplex printing for this tow work.
Let’s first start with double-sided printing when using an offline app like Word, then we move on to the process of printing double-sided when browsing online.
How to print double-sided on Mac using Microsoft word:
After you’ve typed up a document in Word, below are the steps to follow to print double-sided.
- Navigate your mouse cursor to the top of the Microsoft Word page to reveal the menu bar.
- Click “File.”
- Click “Print.” It’s placed near the end of the drop-down menu.
- The print dialogue box will now appear. Click “Copies & Pages” and change it to “Layout.”
- Click the “Two-Side submenu” and change it to “Long-Edge binding.”
- Click “Print.”
As a side note: you’ll notice that you’re provided with two options (Long-Edge binding and Short-Edge binding) when you click the “Two-Sided” submenu. Short-edge binding allows printing in such a way that the pages flip vertically. On the other hand, long-edge binding prints turn like a book.
How to print double sided on Mac when browsing online:
Using chrome browser as an example, here’s how to print on the front and back of pages.
- While on the webpage, navigate to the top of the page to reveal the menu bar.
- Click “”
- From the options off the drop-down menu, choose “Print.”
- Click “Print using system dialogue box.”
- Tick the “Two-Sided” checkbox beside the “Copies” box
- Click “Print.”
Though this guide uses the Chrome browser as an example, the process is pretty the same on Mozilla, Safari, and other browsers. You may, however, skip step 4 in some browsers.
That’s how to print double sided on Mac either through Word or online. Did you know any other way to print double-sided on Mac? Please share it below in the comment section.
Related Article: Why PC gaming is dying?