Chromebooks are laptops that run Google’s Chrome OS and are designed for people who primarily use web-based applications. They’re lightweight, inexpensive, and easy to use, but they don’t have a lot of storage space and they’re not as powerful as traditional laptops. One of the best things about Chromebooks is that they’re very easy to connect to external devices like mice and keyboards.
In this article, we’ll show you how to connect an Onn wireless mouse to a Chromebook.
- Look for the Bluetooth icon in the Chromebook’s status bar and click it
- Select Add Device from the Bluetooth menu that appears
- Put the Onn Wireless Mouse into pairing mode by holding down the button on the bottom of the mouse for three seconds
- Click on ON-RM3310 in the list of available devices and click Pair
- Enter 0000 when prompted for a PIN code and click Connect
How Do I Connect My Onn Wireless Mouse?
Assuming you would like a step-by-step guide on how to connect an Onn wireless mouse:
1. Begin by turning on your computer. Make sure that the wireless receiver is plugged into an available USB port.
2. Next, take your Onn wireless mouse and remove the battery cover on the underside of the device. Install two AAA batteries according to the polarity symbols (+/-) inside the battery compartment. Replace the battery cover when finished.
3. With your mouse still turned off, press and hold down the left and right-click buttons simultaneously for 3 seconds. The red LED light on the bottom of the mouse should begin blinking, indicating that it is in discovery mode.
4. If you are using Windows XP, Vista, or 7, go to Start > Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers. Locate your Onn wireless mouse within the list of devices and right-click it to select “Properties“. Select the “Hardware” tab from within Properties and then click on “Properties” once more next to your mouse listing under “Device status“.
Within this new window, locate “Change Settings” near the bottom-left corner and click on it. A warning message will pop up asking if you’re sure you want to make these changes; select “Continue” followed by clicking “OK” when prompted again Classify Your Driver Software”. Choose to browse my computer for driver software> Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer> Have Disk> Browse>.
Now open up My Computer > Local Disk (C:) Program Files x86 > ONNONN Wireless Mouse then select OK twice which should bring up a file called mb_driver _installer Exe; double-click this file to install your driver software>. Test out your new wireless connection by moving your mouse around; if everything is working properly, congrats!
How Do I Connect My Onn Wireless Mouse to My Chromebook Without a USB?
If you’re looking to use a wireless mouse with your Chromebook, there are a few things you’ll need to do first. For starters, you’ll need to make sure that your Chromebook is in Developer Mode. To do this, simply navigate to Settings > About Chrome OS > More Info > Change Channel and select the Developer – unstable channel.
Once you’ve done this, restart your Chromebook and then proceed to the next step. Next, you’ll need to connect your wireless mouse to your Chromebook using Bluetooth. To do this, put your mouse into pairing mode and then open up the Bluetooth settings on your Chromebook (you can find this in the Settings menu).
From here, simply select your mouse from the list of available devices and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the pairing process. Once your wireless mouse is paired with your Chromebook, you should be able to use it just like any other USB mouse. Keep in mind, however, that because Bluetooth is used for the connection between the two devices, there may be some slight lag when using the mouse compared to a wired USB connection.
Does Onn Wireless Mouse Work With Chromebook?
There are a few different types of Chromebooks on the market, so it really depends on which one you have. Some older Chromebooks use an Atheros AR9485WB-EG wireless network adapter, which is not compatible with the Onn wireless mouse. However, many newer Chromebooks use a Broadcom BCM43602 Wireless LAN Adapter, which is compatible with the Onn wireless mouse.
So, if you have a newer Chromebook, chances are good that your Onn mouse will work just fine.
Why Won’t My Bluetooth Mouse Connect to My Chromebook?
If you’re having trouble connecting a Bluetooth mouse to your Chromebook, there are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue. First, make sure that your mouse is compatible with Chromebooks. Not all Bluetooth mice will work with Chromebooks, so it’s important to check before buying one.
Once you have a compatible mouse, the next step is to put it in pairing mode. Usually, this involves pressing a button on the bottom of the mouse or on the receiver. Consult your mouse’s documentation for specific instructions.
With the mouse in pairing mode, open Chrome and go to Settings > Devices > Add Bluetooth Device. Your Chromebook should now discover the mouse and prompt you to connect to it. If it doesn’t, try restarting both the Chromebook and the mouse and then trying again.
If you’re still having trouble connecting your Bluetooth mouse to your Chromebook, feel free to reach out to our support team for help.
How to Connect a Wireless Mouse to a Chromebook Without USB
If you’re using a Chromebook without a USB port, you can still connect a wireless mouse using Bluetooth. Here’s how:
3. Click Devices.
4. Click Bluetooth & other devices in the left sidebar.
5. Make sure Bluetooth is turned on by the slider next to “Bluetooth” at the top of the page. If it’s not, click the slider to turn it on. Your Chromebook will begin scanning for nearby Bluetooth devices that are turned on and discoverable.
6. Put your wireless mouse into pairing mode according to its instructions—this typically involves pressing a button or switch on the bottom of the mouse until its LED light starts flashing rapidly . . .
Chromebooks are simple laptops that run Google’s Chrome OS and are designed for people who primarily use the internet. While most Chromebooks come with a trackpad, some users prefer to use a mouse. In this post, we’ll show you how to connect an Onn wireless mouse to your Chromebook.
First, make sure that your Onn mouse is turned on by pressing the power button. Then, open the Bluetooth settings on your Chromebook by clicking the clock in the bottom-right corner and selecting “Settings.” Next, click “Bluetooth & other devices” and then click “Add Bluetooth or other devices.”
Finally, select “Bluetooth” from the list of options and wait for your Chromebook to find and connect to your Onn mouse. Once it does, you should be able to use your mouse normally.