If you need to factory reset your Surface Go, follow these steps:
1. Press and hold the volume-up button and the power button at the same time for 15 seconds.
2. When you see the Surface logo, release the buttons.
3. Press and quickly release the volume-down button, then press and hold it again until you hear a beep and see “Please wait” on the screen. This might take up to 45 seconds.
4. When your Surface restarts, select Remove everything.
5. Select Just remove my files or Fully clean the drive, depending on how much data you want to erase.
- To factory reset Surface Go, you will need to open the Settings app
- Once you are in the Settings app, select “Update & Security”
- Next, select “Recovery” from the left menu
- On the right side of the screen, under “Reset this PC“, click on “Get started”
- You will then be given two options: “Keep my files” or “Remove everything“
- If you want to keep your personal files and data, select “Keep my files”
- If you want to start with a clean slate, select “Remove everything“
- Once you have made your selection, follow the prompts to complete the reset process
How Do You Hard Reset a Surface Tablet?
If you’re trying to reset your Surface tablet because it’s not working properly, you may be wondering how to hard reset it. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do just that:
1. Start by powering off your Surface tablet.
To do this, press and hold the power button for about 10 seconds until the device powers down completely.
2. Once your Surface is powered off, press and hold the volume up button and the power button simultaneously for about 15 seconds.
3. After 15 seconds have passed, release both buttons and wait for your Surface tablet to boot up again.
It should now be reset back to its factory settings.
Can You Factory Reset a Surface Without a Password?
If you’re looking to factory reset your Surface without a password, there are a few things you’ll need to do first. First, make sure that all of your personal files and data are backed up. Once you’ve done that, you can begin the process of resetting your Surface.
To do this, head to the Settings menu and select “Update & Security.” From here, select “Recovery” and then click “Get Started” under the Reset this PC section. You’ll be given two options: keep my files or remove everything.
Choose the latter option if you want to factory reset your device completely. The process will take a few minutes, but once it’s finished, your Surface will be as good as new!
How Long Does It Take to Factory Reset a Surface Go?
It takes about two minutes to factory reset a Surface Go. This process will erase all of your personal data and restore the device to its original state.
How Do I Reset My Surface to Factory Settings Without Windows?
If you want to reset your Surface device to factory settings without having to use Windows, there are a few different ways you can do it. One way is to use the “Reset this PC” feature in the Settings app. To access this, go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Recovery.
Under the “Reset this PC” section, click the “Get started” button. Another way to reset your Surface device to factory settings is by using a USB recovery drive. To create a USB recovery drive, you’ll need a blank USB flash drive with at least 8GB of storage space.
Once you have a blank USB flash drive ready, go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Recovery. Under the “Advanced startup” section, click the “Restart now” button. Your Surface will then reboot into the Advanced Startup Options menu.
From here, select the “Use a device” option and then choose your USB flash drive from the list of devices that appears. Choose the option to “Remove everything and reinstall Windows,” and follow the prompts to complete the process. Keep in mind that doing this will erase all of your personal files and data from your Surface device.
If you’re looking for a more permanent solution, you can also reset your Surface Pro 3 tablet by using its built-in hardware buttons. To do this, hold down both the volume up and power buttons for 15 seconds while your Surface is turned off. After 15 seconds have passed, release both buttons and then press and hold just the power button until you see the Surface logo appear onscreen.
How to Factory Reset Surface Go Without Password
If you need to factory reset your Surface Go without a password, there are a few different ways you can do it. One way is to use the “Reset this PC” feature in Windows 10. To do this, go to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery and click “Get started” under Reset this PC.
Another way to factory reset your Surface Go is by using a USB recovery drive. To do this, you’ll need to create a USB recovery drive on another PC and then boot from that drive on your Surface Go. For instructions on how to create a USB recovery drive, see this Microsoft support page.
Once you’ve booted from the USB recovery drive, follow the prompts to reinstall Windows 10. This will erase all of the data on your Surface Go, so be sure to back up any important files before proceeding. If you’re still having trouble resetting your Surface Go without a password, you can contact Microsoft Support for help.
Surface Go is a great device for those who are always on the go. However, there may come a time when you need to factory reset your device. This can be due to a variety of reasons, such as wanting to sell your device or simply wanting to start fresh with a clean slate.
Whatever the reason, factory resetting your Surface Go is a relatively easy process that only takes a few minutes to complete. To factory reset your Surface Go, open up the Settings app and navigate to the Update & Security section. From here, select Recovery and then click on the Get Started button under Reset this PC.
You’ll now be given two options: keep my files or remove everything. If you want to keep your personal files and apps intact, choose the keep my files option. However, if you want to wipe everything from your device, choose the remove everything option.
Once you’ve made your selection, follow the prompts on the screen to complete the factory reset process. That’s all there is to it! After completing these steps, your Surface Go will be restored back to its default state.