This post on how to find hidden apps on Android explains two ways of revealing any app you can’t seem to find on your Android device. Most times, hidden apps are those that came pre-installed, and that can wreak havoc on your device’s battery power.
They also can be taking up much space on your device, thereby making it important to find them and do something.
How to Find Hidden Apps on Android?
After finding a hidden app, you can disable or uninstall it to conserve your device’s battery life or free up space. For instructions on how to reveal any hidden app, follow the instructions below.
1. Navigate to “Settings” on your Android device.
2. Scroll down and tap “Apps.” The screen that displays next will list all apps on your device.
3. In the top-center screen, tap on “All” found next to “Running.” This way, you’ll be able to see all apps, including those hidden from the system tray.
If you can’t find “All” after completing step 2, then move on to steps 4 and 5.
4. Under apps, tap the “more options icon.” This icon is the three dots stacked on top of one another.
5. Now select “Show System”, “See All Apps”, or “Show Hidden Apps” (depending on your Android version) from the menu. This will show both hidden and non-hidden apps on your device.
Now you can decide either to uninstall or disable any of those apps in order to conserve battery power or clear up space.
Remember, however, that removing some system apps might cause irreparable damage to your phone or tablet. Therefore, make sure you know what you’re getting yourself into before hitting that uninstall button.
How to Find Hidden Apps Using App Drawer?
1. Tap the “App Drawer” icon from the home screen. The icon is a white circle with about 6 small dots in it, usually placed alongside other icons on the bottom screen.
2. From the apps displayed, tap the “three dots,” “gear,” or “three horizontal bar” icon. You can find any of these icons in either of the four corners of the screen.
3. From the menu, choose the option that says “Hide/Unhide apps.”
Note that this method may only work for older versions of Android. Also, this approach might not be suitable for your situation, depending on your home screen launcher.
I hope this post on how to find hidden apps on Android has really helped you. Kindly tell friends about this piece using one of the share buttons below. Don’t also hesitate to drop your feedback or questions as comments below.