Looking for how to install Better Discord? Chances are you want to learn how to customize the look and feel of the voice-chat app. Discord is a voice-chat app that was initially built for gamers to text, voice chat, and video calls.
The chat app, however, later caught the attention of people from different walks of life. On the platform, gamers and non-gamers can create and join servers and channels where they get to meet and interact with other people.
There are communities, for example, that focus on movies, arts, self-help, as well as many other topics.
Most Discord users crave customized themes, plugins, and many more. But it’s obvious Discord is not ready to bring those features to its users anytime soon.
To solve this pain point, as you might expect, someone came up with an extension called Better Discord. This extension allows Discord users to make use of custom themes as well as a lot more customization.
Note: however, that the Better Discord extension and other client modifications are against Discord’s TOS. Installing better Discord, therefore, might get your account into trouble.
Also, using unsafe client modifications can expose your account to security issues. But do not worry as a lot of Discord user uses Better Discord. So it’s safe.
With those cleared out of the way, let’s see how to install the Better Discord extension. Then next, we’ll move unto themes and plugin installation, plus how to troubleshoot common problems.
How to install Better Discord?
The below guide is prepared using a Windows PC. Most of the steps, however, work for macOS users.
- First, stop Discord and all its instances running on your machine.
- Head over to the BandagedBD GitHub page.
- Once the page loads, download a version suited for your computer operating system.
- Locate the path where the app was saved. For Windows users, files are automatically saved in the download folder.
- Double-click the file to run and install it.
- On the “Installation Setup” screen, tick both “Install to Stable” and “Restart All Discord Instances.”
- Follow the next on-screen instructions to complete the setup.
For mac OS Users:
- Complete steps #1 through #3 above.
- Click on the file.
- From the top-middle screen, choose “Open” and continue with the installation.
- On the“Installation Setup” screen, untick “Install ToPTB” and “Install To Canary.”
- Click “Install” to finish the setup.
Installing Themes on Better Discord:
Being able to customize the look and feel of Discord is one of the most desired and requested features. If you would also love to use custom themes, follow the below instructions.
- Head over to the BD Themes Library page.
- Browse the page and click on any theme you desire.
- From the top-left screen, click “Download.”Take note of the path you stored the file.
- Open the Discord web client or log in from a desktop browser.
- Click the cogwheel icon at the bottom-left screen to get into user settings.
- Once in settings, select “Themes”. It’sfound towards the end of the bottom-left screen.
- From the main screen, click “Open Themes Folder”.
- Drag and drop the CSS theme file you downloaded into that folder.
- Jump back to your themes section and enable the new theme by switching on the button next to it.
Related Articles: How to Add Friends on Discord
Related Articles: How to Bold in Discord
Installing Plugin in Better Discord:
Installing a plugin is as easy as installing a theme. Also, the process is nearly the same.
- Go to the BD PluginLibrary page where you can find different plugins.
- Browse the page and click on any plugin you want.
- Click the “Download” button found at the top-left screen. Ensure to save the file to a path you can easily locate.
- Open the Discord desktop app or log in from a web browser.
- At the bottom-left screen, click the “settings icon”.
- From the sidebar, select“Plugin”.
- From the main screen, click “Open Plugin Folder”.
- Drag and drop the plugin file into this folder.
- Go back to the “Plugin” section and toggle on the button next to the plugin to enable it.
Troubleshooting Better Discord:
- Run the BD Installer, which you used to install the app.
- Click “Agree”.
- From the options displayed, choose “Repair BandagedBD”.
- On the screen, tick “Repair on Stable.”
- Now on the screen, look for the area where the installer requests you to select the problem you’re facing. From the options, tick the checkboxes next to any issue that describes your situation.
- Finally, click “Repair”.This step would repair your files and hopefully fix your problems.
While Better Discord is not supported by Discord, it’s still a safe and great way to customize and add more functionality to Discord. This will undoubtedly help you enhance your voice and chat experience.
Related Articles: How to Delete Discord Account
Related Articles: How to Report Someone on Discord
Remember, however, that Discord may ban your account by using clients modification apps like BD, as the extension does not conform to its terms of service. So be sure to play safe.
That said, I hope this guide on how to install Better Discord has really helped you. If anything is unclear or you would like to drop some thoughts, please do so in the comments below. Don’t also forget to share the post with friends who might be interested in this piece.