Want to know how to invite people to Discord? To add users to a server you own or have administrator permissions, you’ll have to either invite them manually or create and send them an invite link.
With that said, this post will show you step-by-step how to do that.
How to Invite People to Discord?
First, you’ll see how to invite a user manually and then how to create, even customize an invite link, which you can send to the user. Without any further ado, let’s get into the steps.
- Log in to Discord from the desktop client.
- Right-click the server icon.
- From the menu that appears, select “Invite People.” This action will reveal all users on your friend lists. Click “Invite” found to the right of their names to manually invite them. You can also use the search bar at the top-screen to find a user quickly.
- If you look at the bottom of the screen, there is a small section where an invite link is displayed. Instead of clicking “invite,” you can simply “Copy” the link and send it to a friend or several users.
One downside to this method is that the invite link expires in 1 day. That means if the user does not join the server before 24 hours elapses, they will need a new link.
Related Articles: How to Add Friends n Discord
Related Articles: How to install Better Discord
How to Make an Invite Link Always Valid?
If you want the invite link to last longer than a day or never get expired, follow the next steps below.
- From the invite window described in step 4 above, click the “Edit invite link” found at the bottom.
- From the appropriate field, set the link validity and the number of users that can use the link to join, after which it becomes invalid.
- Turn on the switch next to “Grant temporary membership” if you want a member to be removed from the community once they disconnect.
- With all those changes made, click “Generate a New Link.”
How to invite people to discord Server on Android?
- Open the Discord app.
- Tap the three horizontal bars located at the top-right screen.
- From the list, tap on the server icon you want to generate an invite link for.
- Select “Create Instant Invite.” You can find this underneath the server name. This step will open a new page where you can create and customize the invite link.
- Tap “Channel.” From the options, choose a chat channel if you want the user to be taken directly to a particular channel after they join the server.
- Under “Expire After,” select the hours or days you want the link to stay until it becomes invalid. If you choose “Never,” then the link will always be valid.
This will let anyone join the server at any time. And this way, you won’t have to create invite links now and then.
- Under “Max Uses,” select the number of users that can use the invite link to join the server. If you choose, for example, “10 users,” then the link will no longer work after 10 users join the server through it.
- Remember also that turning on the switch next to “Temporary Membership” will make the system kick out the user from the chat once they disconnect.
- Finally, look at the top of the screen and tap your invite link. Tapping the link will copy it to your device clipboard.
Just an addition: If you’d like to send the link to a friend or several people through WhatsApp or any other messaging apps, click the share icon found next to the invite link.
I hope this post on how to invite people to the Discord server has helped you. Kindly use one of the share buttons below to notify friends who might be interested in the piece. If you have questions or feedback, please use the comment section below.