It’s no secret that we all have a love/hate relationship with video calls. They’re a great way to keep in touch with loved ones, but they can also be a huge drain on our data plans. If you’re someone who is constantly on the go and using your phone as your primary source of communication, you know how important it is to save data where you can.
That’s why we’ve put together this quick guide on how to remove video calls from Instagram.
- Go to your profile on the Instagram app
- Tap the three lines in the upper right-hand corner of your screen
- Tap Settings at the bottom of the menu that appears
- Scroll down and tap Privacy and Security
- Tap Story Controls at the top of the page that appears next
- Turn off Video Calling by tapping the switch next to it (it will be blue when it’s on)
Can You Turn off Video Calls on Instagram?
Yes, you can turn off video calls on Instagram. To do so, simply go to your settings and scroll down to the “Video Call” section. From there, you can toggle the setting off.
How Do You Get Rid of the Video Call Option on Instagram Chat?
If you’re not a fan of video calls on Instagram, there’s good news- you can disable the feature! Just head to your settings and scroll down to the “Calls” section. From there, you can toggle off the “Allow Calls” option.
Keep in mind that this will prevent both incoming and outgoing calls, so only disable it if you’re sure you won’t want to use the feature.
How Do You Remove the Call Option on Instagram?
It’s pretty simple to remove the call option on Instagram. Just go to your settings, then scroll down to “Account” and select “Phone.” From there, you can deselect the “Show my phone number” option.
Accidentally Video Call Instagram
If you accidentally video call Instagram, don’t worry! There is no need to panic. Simply hang up the call and try again.
If you are still having trouble, please contact customer support for assistance.
If you’re not a fan of the video call feature on Instagram, you can remove it with just a few taps. Here’s how:
- Open the Instagram app and tap your profile icon in the bottom right corner.
- Tap the three lines in the top right corner, then tap Settings.
- Scroll down and tap Privacy and Security, then toggle off the Video Calls setting. That’s all there is to it!
Once you’ve turned off this setting, you’ll no longer see the video call option when messaging someone on Instagram.