Keep entering your Gmail logins every time you want to sign in? This post “How to stay signed in to Gmail” suggests five ways to troubleshoot the issue in order to sign in anytime automatically.
How to stay signed in to Gmail:
Staying logged in to Gmail lets you quickly access your account and messages at any time. You won’t have to insert your login credentials now and then. Many Gmail users, however, experience difficulties staying signed in on their computers. If you are facing the same problem, then read on.
How to stay signed in to Gmail in web browsers:
If Gmail won’t “remember you” every time you want to log in, there are a couple of possible reasons that might be involved. Usually, it’s because the password autosave (remember me) feature isn’t turned on or working correctly. Follow the steps below to troubleshoot the issue.
- Ensure your cookies are turned on in your browser. Cookies are files created by sites you visit that keep you signed in. This post on Google support explains how to turn on cookies on Chrome and fix possible problems.
Tip: Some antivirus, programs, or tools like CCleaner might have been set to clear cookies after every browsing session. You may want to check if such programs exist on your computer.
- Suppose the cookies are turned on, then try clearing your cache. Getting rid of the caches can fix certain problems, including sites not staying signed in.
- Update your browser to the latest version. Though outdated browser seldom causes this issue, keeping your browser updated improves security and might help fix the problem.
- Let browsers like Chrome remember your password. By default, Chrome offers to save your password when you log into any website for the first time. If this feature isn’t activated on your browser, then try managing your password.
- Add your machine to trusted computers. If you have two-step verification or two-factor verification enabled on your Google account, adding your computer as a trusted device lets you bypass security checks that usually requires entering your login credentials.
With all the suggestions above, you should get your browser to autosave your login details and automatically take you to your inbox every time you use the same browser. You can also recover the saved password from the settings page of your browser. This is particularly useful when you want to login on another browser or computer but can’t remember your password.
Were you able to stay signed in to Gmail using the suggestions above? Please let me know by dropping a comment. Also, share this post with friends on social media if you found it helpful.
Related Article: How Many Gmail Accounts Can I Have