If you’re using AirPods and want to switch to a different Apple ID, you can do so by going into your Settings app. Once there, tap on the “Bluetooth” option and then select the “i” icon next to your AirPods. From there, you’ll see the option to “Change Account.”
Tap on that and then enter the new Apple ID that you want to use.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with the latest iOS or iPadOS
- Tap Accounts & Passwords, then sign in with your Apple ID and password if prompted
- Tap Devices
- If you have multiple devices signed in with your Apple ID, tap the one that you want to use with your AirPods
- Scroll down to find your AirPods and tap it
- Tap Forget This Device, then tap again to confirm when prompted by the device asking for permission to forget it from the current owner’s Apple ID account settings menu
How Do I Unpair an Airpod from My Apple Id?
If you want to unpair your AirPods from your Apple ID, there are a few steps that you need to follow. First, open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad and tap “Bluetooth.” Next, find the listing for your AirPods in the Devices section and tap the “i” icon next to it.
On the next screen, tap “Forget This Device” and then confirm that you want to forget the device. Once you do this, your AirPods will no longer be paired with your Apple ID.
How Do I Reset My Airpods for Previous Owner?
If you’re trying to reset your AirPods for a previous owner, the process is actually pretty simple. All you need to do is put the AirPods in their charging case, then hold down the setup button on the back of the case for about 15 seconds. This will erase all of the current settings and data on the AirPods, allowing you to start from scratch.
Are Airpods Tied to Apple Id?
Yes, AirPods are tied to your Apple ID. This means that only you can use your AirPods with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. If someone else tries to connect their device to your AirPods, they will be prompted for your Apple ID and password.
Connect Airpods to Different Apple Id
If you have multiple Apple IDs, you might want to connect your AirPods with a different Apple ID. This can be useful if you want to use different iCloud accounts for different purposes. For example, you might want to use one iCloud account for personal use and another for work.
To connect your AirPods with a different Apple ID:
- Open the Settings app on your iOS device.
- Tap “Bluetooth.”
- Tap the info button next to your AirPods in the list of devices.
- Tap “Forget This Device.”
- Press and hold the setup button on your AirPods case until the status light starts flashing white.
- When prompted, choose to connect your AirPods with a new Apple ID or an existing one that’s nearby and signed in with iCloud Keychain.*
If you want to switch your AirPods to a different Apple ID, there are a few steps that you need to follow. First, you need to unpair your AirPods from your current iPhone. To do this, go to the Bluetooth settings on your iPhone and select the “i” icon next to your AirPods.
Then, tap on “Forget This Device.” Once your AirPods are unpaired from your current iPhone, you can then pair them with your new iPhone using the new Apple ID.