Want to learn how to turn off Discord overlay? One feature that makes discord desirable to gamers is the in-game overlay option. The feature allows gamers to communicate with one another while in-game.
Without leaving the game, the overlay serves as a means to use voice and text functions. Nevertheless, some games require extra focus. Unending notifications from a text channel can become overwhelming or distracting.
If the overlay feature becomes a distraction rather than a useful tool, it would be most practical to turn it off. And if that’s what you want to do, this post explains how to disable the Discord in-game overlay.
How to turn off Discord Overlay:
- Launch and sign-in to Discord.
- Get into “User Settings” by clicking the gear icon at the bottom-left screen.
- In the left panel, look for and click “Overlay.”You’ll find it under the “App Settings” section.
- Toggle off the button next to “Enable in-game overlay.”
Congratulations as you have successfully disabled the overlay option for all games. In some cases, however, you might want to disable overlay for just a specific game. If that’s the case, then follow the steps below.
- Complete steps 1 through 4 above. But this time around, turn on the “Enable in-game overlay” switch.
- Now click the “Games” tab.
- Choose a game or several you want to exclude from the in-game overlay.
- Then toggle Overlay off. From now on, the overlay feature won’t appear on the selected game.
That’s how to turn off discord overlay either for all games or specific ones. If this post has helped you, please notify friends who might need the information by using one of the social media share buttons below.
And if you have questions, don’t hesitate to drop them in the comments section below.